Today was a Fairytale ~Zuko Oneshot~

Name: Violetta

Age: 18

Personality: head-strong, prideful, caring, gentle, sympathetic

Race: water/fire bender

Past: Her mother was a proud water bender until of course the fire rade. She hid her bending and married a close friend to Ozai’s wife, Princess Ursa. After the banishing of Ursa they moved to the farthest part of the Fire nation. Violetta had an older brother, Vincent, who went to war alongside the “Dragon of the West” (Iroh) and Iroh’s son, Prince Lu Ten. Violetta knew when the news came about her brother’s and Lu Ten’s death that she had to stay in tacked for her parents. When she turned 16 however was when everything went wrong her crush, Prince Zuko, was banished by his father and the only way he could return was if he killed the avatar.

Crush: Zuko

Enemy: Azula

Story:

“I always knew you were weird.” Azula spat from inside her cell. Yep, I said it. Inside her cell. They were like worlds heaven had bestowed upon the world.

“I am not weird…just gifted and right now just a little sympathetic.” I informed her with my head cocked to the side. Yes, no matter how much I hate this girl…I am still sympathetic because no one deserved this torture.

The door that led in rattled and I disappeared from sight.

I walked down the dirt path and watched everything around me. I swear I would have broken into song if I wanted to. I have a mission today, Vi, so do it! I walked over to the merchant and bought Miss Ursa’s favorite fruit with a sweet smile on my face. She’ll love it!

I walked into Miss Ursa’s room and grinned at her. She had just gotten here and wanted me to come with her to see her son. She was proud of Zuko, very much but I was not, he had proposed to Mai thinking that she was the one for him.

“Come Miss Ursa I think he has waited long enough to see his mother’s beautiful face once again.” Said as I stood in the door and waited. I didn’t know what else to do standing by Avatar Roku’s granddaughter.

As we walked we smiled and talked to the kids that surrounded the Fire Lord’s palace. We were stopped by a guard at the palace’s front gates.

“Princess…Ur…Ursa?” The guard gawked at her and I grinned at him.

“Shh. Not so loud, we want it to be Fire Lord Zoku’s most treasured wedding gift.” I commented and he nodded as he rushed to open the gates.

Walking through these halls brought back old memories. Ones that was both good and bad for the both of us. I remembered my first kiss that was given to me by a very special boy in the very room he sits his royal butt in now.

I ran away from Prince Zuko as he chased me through the halls of the red palace. I ran right into Fire Lord Ozai’s sitting room (whatever it’s called I don’t care!) and stopped causing Prince Zuko to fall on top of me. It was a short, shy accidental kiss that left us both blushing at what had happened. Good thing Fire Lord Ozai was in a meeting at the time and didn’t see it.

“Come in.” I heard Zuko say through the doors. When we came through he stood in shock at the sight.

“Fire Lord Zuko, your mother arrived early this morning and it is in my greatest honor to escort her. She heard of your proposal and has come to see it…I should go now…” I only made it to the door before getting interrupted.

“You are staying.” Princess Ursa commanded with a soft, reassuring smile.

I woke up by the foot that went into my stomach. Good, just a dream. But I wished it weren’t in a way. “Get up, you lazy butt!” Ty Lee exclaimed as she stud above me.

“Go away, Ty Lee! Why aren’t you with the Kyoshi Warriors anyway?” I asked as I pulled the covers over my head.

“Fire Lord Zuko’s here to see you.” She stated and I sat up quickly.

I sprinted to my living room and Ty Lee was right; not to mention the Avatar as well. “You wanted me?” I asked and mentally smacked my forehead.

“I heard you knew of where my mother was.” Zuko got straight to the point but I didn’t mind.

I nodded and went rummaging through a drawer in the table by my favorite chair. “Your mother left this with my father because they were close friends. She told him that if anyone wanted to find her they’d need this.” I said motioning to the book.

“She said she had to wait for something but I don’t know what though.”

“Thank you.” Zuko said as I gave him the book.

“Zuko…” I spoke but became less confident.

“What is it Violetta?”

“I’m coming with you; because you’re going to need me.”

We walked alone, just the two of us. Aang had something else to do. We followed the map she had put in the book up until I knew where we were going.

“I know where she is!” I exclaimed and Zuko looked at me. “This map leads to the ruins of where the dragons roamed.”

When we got there we were attacked by flame throwing reptiles. We tried our best with our fire bending but it wasn’t working. I glanced nervously at Zuko before I make Fiery come out and drenched the reptiles with water (before disappearing again) and the creatures only blew out smoke.

An all too familiar woman came out with a baby creature (baby dragon?) on her shoulder and she smiled. “I was beginning to wonder if someone was ever going to come looking for me.” She joked and I watched as Zuko ran to give his mother a hug. We spent the week here and needless to say ‘it felt like a fairytale’ and I loved almost every minute too.

“What do you mean you can’t come back with us?” Zuko shouted with anger and hurt clear in his voice. I felt bad for him but I understood why.

“Zuko, I know you’ve missed her and all but this dragon and dinagons (L.O.L. F.Y.I. they are dragons without wings) need her more. They’ll die without her and we can’t do anything about it because the dragon area will repeat again no matter what.” I told him and placed my hand on his forearm.

He looked back at me and meant for it to be a quick second but our eyes held for a long period of time. Our bodies come closer as our heads leaned in.There was a brief moment of shock and realization when our lips touched: it was a soft, slow, sweet kiss that left me grinning at him. I’ve always been told that my smiles were contagious but when I saw him truly smile I knew it was true.

We turned our heads to Ursa when we heard clapping and saw that she had a grin on her face. “When I hear news of a wedding THEN I’ll come around or of course you could change tradition and have it here.”

“I like it here.” I commented in thought and smiled at it. When you love something you should set it free, if it comes back then it’s meant to be.