CHAPTER 23

Ethan's POV

Grayson and I were playing video games, being all goofy and loud until we heard a knock on the door and I paused the game to open.

I know who it is. I can hear her cute laugh through the door and I immediately smile to myself. It's Sam.

I opened the door and she got inside with a smile. She was wearing her dark blue shorts with a black muscle tee and a pair of vans. She's more of a tomboy than a girly girl. I always loved her style. She wasn't wearing any makeup at all as always. She doesn't need it anyway.

Her big, dark brown eyes don't need any eyeliner or mascara to look more beautiful. Her cute, soft lips don't need any lipstick to look more kissable than they already are.

Today something seems different on her. I'm sure it's her hair. She must have had her hair done. I could notice they are a bit shorter and straightened;she doesn't straight her hair often.

"Hey Ethan." Mary said giving me a a peck kiss on the lips.

Oh she's here too.

"Hey Mary." I said, pretty bluntly may I add. Sam gave me a look clenching her teeth meaning I should be sweeter to Mary, my girlfriend, god how much I wish Sam was in her place.

I smiled at Mary before giving her a quiet long kiss. I opened my eyes for a second to see Sam looking down and then away at Grayson.

"Grayson." She said hugging him. He hugged her back staring at me and Mary.

What is his problem? He's acting really weird this morning.

I pulled back.

"Do you notice anything different on me?" Sam questioned him excited.

"No, not really." He said.

  *cough* hair *cough* 

"Really?" Her disappointment was obvious from her facial expression and voice tone.

I noticed Sam. I noticed.

I was about to compliment her about her hair but Grayson spoke.

"Nice haircut Mary. It looks good on you." He said with a smirk on his face.

Oh Mary has a new haircut too? I didn't notice.

"Thank you Gray." She chuckled blushing.

"Oh yeah it's really nice. Sam has a new haircut too you know. You look great Sam." I said and a smile immediately appeared on her face.

"Yeah we just came back from the hair salon." She exclaimed.

"Oh really? I didn't notice, sorry baby. You look good too." Grayson said nonchalantly. What a fucker.

Oh come on bro! I only ask of you one thing; to take care of her and remind her how much she worth everyday, but you do exactly the opposite!

I wish I could say those words out loud right now.

"Thank you guys." Sam smiled a small but genuine smile and that's important because I know it means she is flattered. She's feeling pretty right now.

It might sound weird for a girl as beautiful as her but she's not a confident person. I know she always try to show the world she is, but she's not confident at all. She needs to gain some confidence and that's why I always reminded her how gorgeous she is.
I just want her to love herself.

"So.." I put my hands in my pocket. I touched something in there so I pulled it out to see what it is. It's the necklace with the music note.

"What is that? It's really beautiful."Mary asked with a smile taking it in her hands.