CHAPTER 32

Sam's POV

Ethan and I were sitting on the couch waiting for Mary and Grayson to come over.

This is it.
We are going to tell them about us.

I was trying to think of what would happen if I was in Mary's place and she was in mine. What would my reaction be if she told me that my boyfriend and her are in love with each other? I honestly don't know. I would probably forgive her...

Mary's POV

I was standing there with my mouth agape staring at the paper.

I read it. I read the letter.

I didn't know how to feel.
Happy? Sad? Betrayed?

All this time I've been feeling guilty about my secret relationship with Grayson while Sam and Ethan were lying to me straight to my face.

Now I know why Ethan started texting me. To make Sam jealous.
She never told me how she met Grayson and Ethan.
She even lied about Leslie being a girl.

I might not be better than them, because I lied too, but I feel so betrayed right now.

My phone suddenly vibrated. I reached for it and saw Grayson was calling me.

I answered it. "Hey."

"Hello princess." I smiled weakly at what he said. "Ethan called me and said that he wants to talk to us and I told him I'll pick you up. Sam is with him and I think that's a great chance to tell them about us."

"Yeah..it is."

I already can guess what Sam and Ethan want to talk about.

"Be ready in ten okay?"

"Okay gray, See you then." I hung up.

A few minutes later he arrived. I opened the car door and sat on the passenger's seat.

"Hello again baby." He cooed with a smile on his face as I closed the door.

"Hi." I muttered.

He placed his hand on the back of my neck pulling me in for a kiss. I couldn't help but smile a little through the kiss. He started driving. Every now and then he glanced at me as I was looking out of the window.

"Are you okay?" He asked all of a sudden placing his hand on my thigh, caressing it. His other hand still on the wheel.

"Yeah. Don't worry." I put my hand on his and interwined our fingers giving him a smile. He chuckled at me and looked back at the road.

The rest of the car ride was silent. I couldn't stop thinking about the letter and what Sam did. I had mixed feelings about it at that moment. Ethan seems to really care about her and I'm happy about it, but she didn't tell me the truth. She's been hiding it all these months. If she'd told me about Ethan, I would have backed off. Honestly, I would. Ethan was Leslie all this time, that means Sam and him started as friends. I truly believe these two have a special relationship. I'm not mad at her. I just wish she had told me the truth.

A few minutes later we had reached our destination. When we entered the appartment, Sam and Ethan were sitting on the couch. My heart started beating faster the moment I saw them. Grayson and I took our seats next to them.

"So?" I asked breaking the silence. "Ethan..you wanted to talk to us."

"Yeah...yeah I do..we both want to tell you something actually." He said. 

I could tell that Sam was really nervous because she was bitting the inside of her cheek and that's something she does only when she's nervous. She was looking at the floor the whole time. She gave me quick glances every now and then, her eyes full of guilt.