Chapter ten

Fay's P.O.V.

''The train to Bristol ?'' Louis repeats with a confused look on his face.

''Yes, Bristol. I want answers. I want to know why he left us.'' I explain, feeling anger run through my body. ''Are you sure ?'' Louis asks and I nod in respond.

''If I go now, I will be back before eight.'' I shrug.

''Okay, but I'm driving you. I can't let you travel with the train when you're in such a condition.'' Thank you for making me feel like nothing Louis..

''Okay.'' I shrug and walk to his car. ''So, what did Leeroy and you talk about in the changing room ?'' Louis out of sudden asks.

What am I going to tell him ? Should I tell him ? No, he will throw me out of the group.''We just talked. He's a good listener.'' I mean kisser...

''Hmm.'' Louis mumbles while starting the car and leaving his park-spot.

''Lou, why does everyone keep talking about a girl named Luna ?'' I wonder out loud. ''From what you've told me, I know that she was the first friend you had at this school.'' He answers.

''Is she mad at me ?'' I ask him.''No, just upset.'' He sadly smiles at me. I nod my head and make myself comfortable, it will be quite a long drive.

''I feel bad for mum.'' I sigh deeply. ''Me too.'' He sighs along with me and briefly looks at me.''How's your butt ?''

''Excuse me ?'' I snigger.

''I mean your cut.'' He laughs.

''Yeah, right.'' I tease him. ''It's okay, I guess. It just sucks that it will be a huge scar.'' I groan. ''I know.'' Louis pouts. ''I'm about to fall asleep.'' I chuckle and grab Louis' sweater from the backseat.

''Then sleep.'' He doesn't have to tell me that twice !

~~~

''Fay, wake up.'' Lou's voice sounds through my ears and I feel him shake me a bit. I slowly open my eyes and notice some really familiar buildings. We’re in Bristol. ‘’Where do I need to go ?’’ Louis asks as he stops for a stoplight.

‘’Keep following this way for a while.’’ I tell him, rubbing my temples. What a headache ! I open my bag and look for some painkillers. ‘’You okay ?’’ 

‘’Yes, just a headache.’’ I sigh. I put the pulls in my mouth and open my bottle of water. ’’Go left here.’’ I say when we reach another stoplight. ‘’I called your mum. She thinks we’re staying with Niall tonight.’’

‘’You didn’t have to lie for me Lou.’’ I’m so lucky to have a friend like Lou. ‘’It’s fine.’’ He shrugs.

‘’Go right here.’’ I say a bit too late. ‘’Where are we going actually ?’’     

‘’My old house.’’ I answer, my body shaking at the thought of that house. Ugh, I hate it ! ‘’What’s wrong ?’’ Louis seems to notice my nervousness. ‘’Nothing. I just never liked it there.’’ I shrug. '’Because ?’’

Should I tell him ? What if he says the same as everyone else ? No, I can trust Lou. ‘’Well, we had a really weird neighbour. He was quite old and every night when I closed my curtains he was sitting behind his window with something like, a sketchbook. And every night when I was studying in my room and I would look up from desk, I would see him write or draw or paint. It was really creepy.’’    

‘’And you never told anyone ?’’ Louis frowns. Yes, that’s what I was waiting for ! ‘’I did. But everyone thought I was overreacting.’’ I sigh. ‘’You know, I can see your room from mine too.’’ He smirks.

‘’So ?’’ I frown.

‘’Well, when we met last Friday, I already knew you’re my neighbour.’’ I think about what he said for a few moments and realise what he means. ‘’Ugh, you’re disgusting ! I would hit you if you weren’t driving.’’ I say with a tone of disgust in my voice. ‘’I know how you dance around in your underwear.’’    

‘’Louis ! Stop !’’ He laughs at me I feel my cheeks turn a dark shade of red. This is so embarressing. ‘’I’ve seen you making out with Niall on your bed too.’’ He smirks.

What ? I made out with Niall ?

‘’Oh shit, you don’t remember.’’ He says before hitting his forehead. ‘’Did I kiss Harry and Niall ?’’ I ask in disbelief. ‘’Yeah, kinda.’’   

‘’That’s so unlike me !’’ I say quietly.

Louis’ P.O.V

 ‘’It’s here.’’ She almost whispers when we arrive in a long street. I know she’s nervous. Can’t blame her anyway. Her father is a bastard, he just left them. His daughter was in hospital and could have had some serious brain damage and he just leaves !

‘’Shall I come with you ?’’ I ask her, not really caring about her answer, I’m going with her anyway. ‘’Yeah, I was just about to ask you.’’ She nervously chuckles. We get out of my car and I lock it. I feel her grab my hand and squeeze hers softly. ‘’I’m right here.’’ I whisper when she presses the doorbell. ‘’I know. Thank you.’’ She whispers back.

There are some sounds in the house, coming closer and closer. Eventually the door gets opened… by a really young woman. '’Can I help you ?’’ She politely asks us. ‘’I… uh… my… you…’’ Fay stutters, squeezing my hand tightly.

‘’Hi, we’re looking for Ben Little.’’ I speak for Fay.

‘’I don’t know a Ben.’’ The woman frowns. She seems to be honest… ‘’Tall man, blond hair, blue eyes.’’ I tell the woman. ‘’You mean Tom ? Oh, I will get him. Come in, please.’’ The woman smiles and makes space for us. I feel Fay’s hand shake in mine and gently pull her with me ‘cause she didn’t move.

‘’Tom, honey !’’ The woman calls while walking upstairs. ‘’What is happening ?’’ I hear Fay whispering. I think she’s asking that question to herself. The woman walks down the stairs again, followed by no one else than Ben. ‘’Fay.’’ He whispers when he sees his one and only daughter.

‘’How could you ?’’ She whispers, letting go of my hand.

‘’Let me explain, please ?’’   

‘’WHY WOULD I ?’’ She yells while walking towards him. ‘’I could have been dead. Or I could have some real bad brain damage and you didn’t even care ! And now you expect me to give you a chance to explain that you left us for someone who isn’t even somewhere near your age ?! You’re a selfish bastard and I don’t want to see you ever again !’’ She yells in his face.

‘’Lucky, please.’’ He quietly speaks.

‘’DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE TO CALL ME LUCKY EVER AGAIN !’’ She cries and punches him in the stomach. Well, I don’t blame her…  But since she is left handed she punched him with that hand, the injured hand.

‘’Shit !’’ She whisper screams. ‘’Maybe it’s better if you two leave.’’ The blonde harshly speaks. ‘’Shut up !’’ I yell at her without thinking.

‘’You fucked up my family, you bitch !’’ Fay screams at her.

‘’That’s enough Fay.’’ Ben growls.

‘’You’re going to pay for this Ben, big time.’' Fay growls back. I’ve never seen her like this before. Her eyes are so dark, she looks so… intimidating.

‘’We will see about that. That piece of shit you call a mother doesn’t have anything against me.’’ Ben coldly laughs.

‘’But I do. Remember the times you hit me ? The times you would hit me till I passed out ? I do, and so does mum.’’

What ?!