Chapter nineteen

Fay’s P.O.V.

‘’Yes, so I was like… Leeroy ?’’ My jaw drops to the floor when I see Leeroy at the door next to mine. He turns around, looking at me from head to toe. This guy looks just like Leeroy, but it’s not him. ‘’Uhm, no. I’m Liam.’’ The boy chuckles. ‘’I-I uh…’’   

‘’She was just a bit confused. She has a concussion.’’ Luna tells Liam. We just came back from shopping, I get why she was my first friend at this school now, she’s really sweet. ‘’No problem. Do you live here ?’’ Liam asks us. ‘’Just me.’’ I awkwardly smile at him. It can’t be possible that Liam just looks a lot like Leeroy, they must be family. But he didn’t recognise the name Leeroy.

‘’Oh, than you’re my neighbour.’’   

‘’Oh. Uh… I’m Fay.’’  I say, sticking out my hand. ‘‘And this is Luna.’’ Luna shakes Liam’s hand too. ‘’Well, I will see you around then.’’ Liam says before disappearing into his appartment. ‘’What was that ? I mean, who was that ?’’ Luna asks as I try to unlock my front door. ‘’I don’t know. I really thought it was him.’’ I frown, dropping my bags to the floor and taking off my jacket. ‘’Have you seen him ?’’   

‘’Who ?’’    

‘’Leeroy.’’ I shake my head and walk to the kitchen. ‘’Tea or coffee ?’’    

‘’Coffee.’’   

‘’I like you.’’ I chuckle. Zayn kind of forced me to go do something with Luna. I didn’t dare to. I thought she would tell me stuff I’ve done that I don’t remember or something. But when he told me he is the only person she sees, I agreed. ‘’So, how’s life ?’’ I ask her, handing her a mug of coffee. ‘’Oh, fine.’’ She shrugs. ‘’Really ?’’   

‘’Yes. Why ?’’ She nervously asks, pulling her sleeves over her hands. ‘’You don’t have to try to hide them, I’ve already seen them.’’ She sighs and takes a sip of her coffee. ‘’I know you don’t like to talk about this, but please explain.’’ I say, sitting down across from her. ‘’It was just one time.’’   

‘’Luna, I’m not dumb… Not that dumb.’’ She chuckles and puts down her mug. I take her hand and pull it closer to me. Once I’ve rolled her sleeve up I see a lot of white stripes. ‘’That’s not one time.’’ I almost whisper.‘’I can’t help it.’’ She whispers back. ‘’I don’t remember anything about you, but I do know that you’re really pretty and that this is a waste of your body.’’    

‘’Pretty ?’’ She scoffs. ‘’Yes, pretty. P-r-e-t-‘’    

‘’I know what pretty means.’’ She chuckles. ‘’Why do you think Zayn likes you so much ?’’ I ask with a raised brow. ‘’Because I give him what he wants.’’   

‘’You mean sex ? Do you know how many times he has been drooling over you ?’’ I chuckle. ‘’What do you mean ?’’    

‘’He can’t stop talking about you, not your sexlife. I don’t want to know anything about your sexlife by the way.’’ I snigger. ‘’it’s not just that. Before you came here, I didn’t have any friends. And somehow I caught your eye. And then we became really good friends, and out of sudden everyone wanted to be your friend and I felt so… worthless.’’    

‘’Don’t say that Luna. Seriously.’’ I sigh. I can’t stand see people in a state like this. ‘’My father still blames me for my mother’s death. Sometimes he has a mood switch and he gets all aggressive.’’   

‘’When did she die ?’’     

‘’After she gave birth to me.’’ Oh Jesus. ‘’Does your father like ,beat you ?’’