Chapter twenty

Louis’ P.O.V.

I think Fay is still mad at me. I know I was kind of harsh the other day, but I was right. Right ? Anyway, I will just stop by and ask her if she’s mad at me. I haven’t seen her in like, a week. And I haven’t seen her at school either. I know she can’t stay mad at me for too long. I get in my car and drive to her flat. I’ve driven this way so many times already in only two weeks.

Once there I get the key she gave me from my pocket and unlock the door. ‘’Fay ?’’ I call through the apartment, waiting for an answer. ‘’Louis ?’’ Luna’s voice sounds through the apartment, sounding worried.

‘’Hey. Is Fay home ?’’ I smile at her. I notice the wet lines on her face and her red puffy eyes. ‘’Where is she ? What happened ?’’ Luna bursts out in tears and presses her face into my chest. ‘’Is she okay ?’’   

‘’I-I don’t k-know.’’ She sniffs. ‘’What do you mean you don’t know ? Where is she ?’’   

‘’I don’t know.’’ I let go of Luna and walk to Fay’s bedroom. Nothing. The bathroom. Nothing. ‘’When did you last see her ?’’   

‘’The morning after you were here.’’ Luna quietly says. ‘’That’s almost a week ago Luna ! Where did she say she would go ?’’ I almost scream in her face. ‘’I don’t know ! She said something about her dad and a lawyer and the court and that she would be back yesterday morning. I don’t know.’’ Her dad ? Her dad beat her. He has her. ‘’Call the police. I will call Poppy.’’

After calling Poppy, the boys and even Leeroy, I look through Fay’s room but I can’t find anything suspicious. It’s a mess, like usual. Clothes everywhere. Books everywhere. Shoes everywhere. ‘’The police will be here in a bit.’’ I hear Luna say behind me. I just nod my head and open her drawer once again. I look through everything. Socks, lingerie, bikinis.

Jackpot.

 A diary. Wait, I can’t read her diary. I can, if it helps her. No, that’s what she writes all her biggest secrets in ! Oh screw it. 

October 26, 2008.

‘’Fifteen years old… wow, what an age. It’s not like anything has changed now that I’m fifteen. Mum and dad still fight a lot, they’re going to get couple-therapy or something. I don’t think it will make a difference though. I don’t even get why mum gives dad another chance. She has experienced so much when she was my age. She got raped, abused, drugged, everything. And now she knows that dad is doing almost everything of that to me, and she stays with him. I know she’s scared of him, scared she will get beaten up once again. But she knows what it is to get abused by your own father, so why doesn’t she take my side ?!

At school everything sucks too. My grades are at their low point, I got fights with teachers and students all the time and I’m just so bored. I could easily get an A for a test if I pay a bit of attention in class, but I don’t. The only thing I want to do is dance. I don’t need history or geography for dancing. Choreography, that’s what I need. Not geography. When I dance, I forget everything. Even though the bruises are obviously visible, I don’t notice them when I move. It takes my mind off things.

Then there’s this boy, Noah. He’s new in school but he already has a ton of friends. Yup, a new Mr Popular. He’s really cute. He has dark brown hair and grey eyes. They’re almost silver. He has a tanned skin and a nice clothing style. But of course he has all the girls drooling over him. So yeah, I can forget it. All these girls are so skinny and pretty. They don’t have these huge curves I have. They all have an nice C cup, while I walk around with a double D. And their bum fits in every skinny jeans, mine almost pops out. And I’m the only one at school with a dark skin. I’m not dark-dark, but I’m darker than everyone else and it annoys me as hell.’’