Chapter twenty-four

Louis’ P.O.V.

The last two weeks I’ve been spending most of my time with Fay. And when I wasn’t with her, I was with the group, practicing for the competition. Where we are at right now. Turns out Luna is a really good dancer. She’s definitely not as good as Fay, not even close, but I think we have a chance to win a prize.

The only thing Fay has been doing is sleep. And cry in her sleep. She’s been having horrible nightmares. Sometimes I stay with her, at least until she has fallen asleep. Poppy told her to ask for help, call a psychologist or a shrink and make an appointment. But we all know how stubborn Fay is. So no, she didn’t call.

There are some nasty rumours going on at school about Fay, but she doesn’t seem to care. One of the things I adore about her. She’s so… confident about herself. No, about what she does. I know she doesn’t like her looks.

‘’We’re here.’’ Leeroy tells us when we arrive at a huge building in Berlin. Forgot tell you that, huh ? The competition is in Berlin. ‘’Look how many people are here.’’ Harry gasps, pressing his face against the window. He can be such an idiot at times.

‘’I-I don’t know if I can do this. It’s madhouse here.’’ I hear Luna whisper to Zayn. I hope he hasn’t told her this will be live on international television… ‘’You can do it babe.’’ He whispers back at her and kisses her. He needs to stop doing that right in front of us. 

Leeroy parks the car we’ve hired for the three days we’re here and we all get out of it. We have an introduction today, they will show us around and give the schedules and blablabla. Pretty boring. The competition is tomorrow and the day after tomorrow we’re leaving.

‘’Isn’t that Savannah ?’’ Niall frowns, pointing at a blond-haired-girl who indeed looks exactly like Savannah. ‘’Uh yes, I think it is.’’ Leeroy says. Harry walks towards her and we all follow him. ‘’I thought you stopped dancing ?’’ Zayn asks her. ‘’No, we just needed some good dance routines for ourselves.’’ She grins.

Seriously ? Are we in ‘’Bring It On’’ or something ? ‘’What do you mean ?’’ Leeroy frowns. ‘’That new girl, Fay. She’s an amazing dancer. She taught us a lot, and we’re going to use it.’’ April smirks. ‘’Well , you can use them. We didn’t plan on use them, ‘cause we’ve got something better.’’ I tell her, feeling quite confident. ‘’Talking about Fay, where is she ?’’ Erin asks.

‘’She needs rest, she can’t dance.’’ Leeroy says. I know he feels bad about Fay and him. He truly loves her. I still think it’s a bit weird though. They don’t know each other that well. But I guess that’s what they call love at first sight. Well, second sight for Fay, considering she already knew him… It’s weird okay, I don’t know how to say it !

‘’Anyway, may the best men win.’’ Savannah says. ‘’You just called yourself a man.’’ Harry chuckles. I chuckle at Harry’s childishness, but I agree with him. Savannah has never been the smartest. ‘’And who’s this ?’’ Erin asks, referring to Luna and trying to change subjects. ‘’This is Luna.’’ Zayn kind of proudly says. ‘’Is she Fay’s replacer ? Oh love, you’ll never be as good as her. But that’s okay, ‘cause then we’ll definitely win.’’ April evilly laughs.

I see tears well up in Luna’s eyes. ‘’She’s an amazing dancer. Shut it. And by the way, you need five dancers. And as far as I can see you’re with three.’’ I snap at them. ‘’Oh don’t worry Lou, we’re with five.’’

~~~

‘’It sucks that we don’t have Fay anymore.’’ Harry whispers to me when we arrive in our hotel room. ‘’Uh Haz, it’s just the two of us.’’ I chuckle. ‘’But yeah, it sucks.’’ I sigh. ‘’I’m here.’’ A familiar voice speaks. We turn around and see Fay sitting on of the… three beds ? We wanted a room for two ? ‘’FAY ! YOU’RE BACK !’’ Harry squeals and almost jumps on top of her until he realises that will cause her a lot of pain.