Chapter eighteen

Fay’s P.O.V.

Once back in London, everybody knows about Leeroy and me. But nobody knows about Harry and me… I guess. We’ve just arrived at the airport, waiting for family and friends to pick us up. ‘’Your hand is shaking.’’ Leeroy frowns, holding it in his. ‘’Yeah uh, it’s a bit chilly here.’’ I say, biting my bottom lip. It is pretty cold, but I’m just scared for mum. ‘’Take this.’’ Leeroy smiles at me and gives me his sweater. ‘’Thanks.’’ I smile up at him and try to give him a kiss, but he pulls away. ‘’What’s wrong ?’’ I frown. ‘’Uh, your mother is there.’’ I mumbles. ‘’So ?’’  I frown. ‘’We can’t tell her.’’    

‘’Why not ? The boys know.’’ Even Louis knows. I told him first, I didn’t want to just rub it in his face. He was surprisingly okay with it. ‘’We just can’t. Okay ? Not yet.’’    

‘’Okay ?’’ I frown and feel him letting go of my hand.

‘’Você tem um grande problema jovem senhora.’’ Oh shit, mum is talking Portuguese, that’s not good. ‘‘Hi mum.’’ I fake smile, my voice unsure. Mum just told me I have a huge problem… Is she talking about me trying to kiss Leeroy right in front of her or getting married  to Harry ? ‘Cause I haven’t told her about Harry yet. ‘’You got married ?!’’ She yells through the airport, making all the boys and their families look up. ‘’H-How do you know ?’’ I stutter confused.

‘’Anne called me Fay. How could you be so stupid ?!’’ She whisper screams, dramatically moving her hands. ‘’Mum, please not here.’’ I whisper scream back. ‘’You’re married ?’’ I hear Leeroy ask behind me. ‘’No. I mean… yes. But it was an… accident.’’     

‘’Who did you marry ? Is that why I gave you that note ?’’ He frowns. I look at Harry who’s shaking his head. ‘’Some guy from Vegas.’’ I mutter under my breath. ‘’What ? You said you got married with Fay ?’’ Anne says to Harry. Oh dear God, I’ve never done anything wrong. What am I getting punished for ? Stealing cookies from the cabinets ?! ‘’I did.’’ Harry sighs. We decided to keep the rings, as a reminder of our teenage years. It’s quite ironic actually, don’t you think ? No ? I know, it’s horrible.

But hey, in a few years we can laugh about this… if I’m divorced then…

‘’You lied to me.’’ Leeroy almost whispers. ‘’I’m sorry.’’ I whisper in embarrassment. ‘’Wait, what’s going on between you two ?’’ Mum frowns. ‘’I… we… you… Oh damn it.’’ I groan. ‘’We were together.’’ Leeroy answers. ‘’Were ?’’ I gasp. ‘’What ? We had a deal !’’ Mum says. Is she talking to me or to Leeroy ? This is all so damn confusing. ‘’I don’t care about your deal or your money. I cared about your daughter who I thought wasn’t like you said she is.’’

What the hell ?! I mean, double what the hell ?

‘’Can somebody please explain me what this deal is about ?’’ I ask frustrated, my fingers running through my hair in frustration. ‘’No. It was nothing.’’ Mum says, but Leeroy doesn’t agree with her. ‘’Your mother paid me to dress like a complete idiot so you would pay attention to your future in dancing instead of boys or men or whatever. And I thought that was fine ‘cause I needed money and I didn’t expect you to be as beautiful as you are. But then I fell for you and I didn’t want to keep the deal anymore, but I had to. So that’s why I wanted us to be a secret. But then I found out you slept with Louis several times and I didn’t call you anymore. I was really jealous, okay ? But we turned out well, until now. I can’t believe you would do something like that and not tell me Fay !’’

Okay, I know that what I’ve done is wrong, but this… this is unacceptable.

‘’I can’t believe those words come out of your mouth Leeroy. You let my mother pay you to not be with me and you be with me and you let her keep paying you. You’re a freaking gold digger.’’ Okay, he’s not. But I didn’t know what to say. ‘’It doesn’t matter anymore anyway.’’ He scoffs. ‘’No, it doesn’t. ‘Cause I never want to see your ugly face again. You can suck my dick.’’