Chapter thirteen

Fay’s P.O.V.

I was so happy Louis’ parents came back Monday. Weird things have happened and I don’t know what to think about it. For some reason it doesn’t feel weird to do such intimate things with Louis, but I have no idea why those intimate things happened ‘cause I had a great night with Leeroy and I’m really starting to like him. When we woke up Monday morning, Louis seemed to be quite… excited about the event that had happened the previous night. I on the other hand, tried to find an excuse to leave the house. And I’m the one who lives here ! Leeroy and I aren’t anything official yet, but still… we kissed. And I really like him and I know he likes me : Watch me sounding arrogant. Today is Friday, I’ve been avoiding everyone this week. Even Leeroy, ‘cause I feel terribly guilty and I don’t know whether I should tell him or not.  ‘’Fay, what’s wrong ?’’ Mum out of sudden asks when I enter the kitchen.

‘’Nothing, why ?’’ My mum knows me better than I know myself, of course she knows something is going on. ‘’You’ve been staying home all week. Usually you go to the boys, or they come here.’’   

‘’I uh, my head is aching a lot. I don’t feel like going anywhere.’’ I tell her, but I know it didn’t sound very convincing. ‘’Is it Louis ?’’    

‘’No.’’     

‘’I heard you.’’ Also known as : embarressing.

‘’Mum, I don’t know what had gotten into me.’’ I sigh, sitting down at the kitchen table across from here. ‘’Do you like him ?’’   

‘’Yes, as a friend.’’   

‘’Not more ? You don’t fancy him ?’’ Do I ? Do I see Louis as more than just a really good friend?

‘’No. He’s my friend.’’ I tell mum, and this time I sound convincing. ‘Cause it’s the truth, I don’t have any feelings for Louis. Right ? ‘’Then, why did you do it ?’’   

‘’I don’t know. I was quite wasted. I know that’s not an excuse, but we just got caught up in the moment. I think he had too much to drink too.’’  Why am I talking about my little sex-adventure with Louis with my mother ? ‘’He did. But that’s not why he slept with you.’’   

‘’How would you know that ?’’ I frown. ‘’I just know… he kind of told me. He didn’t mean to, it just slipped out.’’ Louis talked about our sex with my mother ? Ugh, that’s just gross. That goes too far. ‘’What did he say ?’’   

‘’That he knows you regret it, and that he doesn’t.’’ Maybe it’s the concussion, but I swear to god that I remember Louis say he wants to be just friends the night of Harry’s party. ‘’And he told me that you said someone else’s name.’’ Oh boy… ‘’Did he say whose name ?’’ I hesitatingly ask mum. ‘’No, he didn’t want to tell me.’’ I let out a sigh of relief, happy that even though to me it didn’t mean as much as it meant to Louis : He still had my back. ‘’Maybe I should talk to him.’’ I sigh and get up. ‘’Ask Johannah to come here.’’ Mum shouts after me. ‘’Yeah, sure.’’ I mumble, already opening the front door, revealing Louis who was about to press the doorbell.

‘’Hey.’’ We awkwardly say at the same time. ‘’I was about to go to yours.’’ I say, shutting the door behind me and sitting down on the doorstep. ‘’Oh. Why ?’’ Like he doesn’t know. ‘’To talk.’’     

‘’About ?’’     

‘’Us.’’ Wait, there is no us ! ‘’I mean, what happened between us.’’ Yup, that sounds better. Kind of. ‘’What about that ?’’     

‘’I’m so sorry Lou. I didn’t mean to hurt you. And it’s not like I see it as a mistake, ‘cause I ... enjoyed it. Really. But I don’t have that kind of feelings for you.’’ I sigh. ‘’Then, why did you do it ?’’ Is everybody going to ask me that question ?! ‘’Maybe we just caught up in the moment ? I mean, you drank too much too, right ?’’ I ask him, kind of hopefully. ‘’Right.’’ He nods, looking through the street. ‘’But that wasn’t the reason to me.’’