Will You Stay Away Forever? 29

“Good afternoon!” A cheerful feminine voice sprung Chloe up and she turned around to meet the real estate agent Megan had referred her to. Instead of the short, balding man Chloe had expected to see, a tall beautiful woman stood in front of her. “I’m Lindsey Castle.”

It took Chloe a couple of seconds to regain her cool and she smiled warmly, shaking the woman’s hand.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you, I’m Kaja.” Chloe introduced herself, still scanning Lindsey. She always used her real name when feeling intimidated, something about the way Lindsey’s short, silk suite hugged her curved made Chloe feel less confident in her looks.

Just like her boyfriend, Chloe had an enormous ego. Growing up, she was showered with complements about her looks and brains, money was never a problem in the Laursen’s household so it happened that every time Chloe encountered a person who had even the slight advantage on her, she would turn even cockier.

Lindsey grinned once again as she brushed a shiny strand of deep, chestnut hair away from her face. She then pulled a folder out of her designer briefcase and scanned it with her large light eyes.

“I see..” Lindsey mumbled while scanning what turned out to be the profile of Chloe’s house, “That’s a hell of a residence, Kaja.” Lindsey blinked while going through a couple of photographs.

“Yeah…a bit hard to let it all go.” Chloe shrugged slowly, she easily turned attached to material thinks, so saying goodbye to her home was especially difficult.

“I would really like to see it in person, is that possible?” Lindsey asked and pulled a Blackberry out of her pocket, and began dialing a number.

Chloe pondered for a moment, watching Lindsey’s sharp red nails press the tiny buttons. “Yes I guess so, we can even go now.” She suggested.

“That would be fantastic! I have a couple who has been looking for a Beach house just like yours for the longest time, this house would be perfect for them!” Lindsey said excitedly, ready to seal a deal.

“Mrs. Watkins? Hello it’s Lindsey-I’m fine how are you?” Lindsey smiled as she talked to the buyers, “I’ve might just found the perfect house for you-Yes it’s lovely. Will you be available later today?” Lindsey asked while throwing files into her large purse.

“Great.” Lindsey grinned once again, she was a smiley person. “C’mon Kaja, let’s check out that palace of yours!” Lindsey said excitedly while they made their way out of the office and to Lindsey’s car. “Are you looking into renting the house? Or selling it for good?” Lindsey asked while looking for Chloe’s address in the GPS system.

“Well obviously the option that’s most worthwhile.” Chloe sighed, Lindsey seemed a little caught up in the rare opportunity of sealing two deals in one day.

“Kaja, it’s a million dollar house we’re talking about. Look, we’re in Huntington beach, tourism is hot hot hot all year long. People come here for leisure all the time so renting a place like yours would be an absolute goldmine. Unless you’re looking to get rid of the place, then we could get you a nice price for it.” Lindsey said casually.

“Ok so let’s get inside and then decide, alright?” Chloe smiled weakly when Lindsey parked the car in her driveway. Chloe could see the starry twinkle in Lindsey’s eyes when she first laid her eye on the place, she had to get it.

Chloe proceeded the showing Lindsey the large house. For 2 hours,  With every spacious, precisely decorated room, every marble bathroom, Lindsey became more and more hooked on Chloe’s house. “The design here is amazing! Who did the work?” Lindsey gasped as she looked around the kitchen while making notes in her pad