Will You Stay Away Forever? 50

Hey everyone! I'm sooooo sorry this took so long! I've been extemrely busy with schoolwork and my city was under terrorist attacks, plus my wrist is hurting and the doctor forbid me from writing and typing. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter so please vote and comment!

_______________________________________________

“Would you like some granola, Honey?” Agnes asked when her daughter walked into the kitchen in her pajamas and tiredly flopped down onto a chair.

“No, thanks Mom…” Chloe sighed while pulling her sleek blonde hair into a high ponytail and flipping it over her shoulder. “Maybe a cup of tea, please?” She mumbled shyly.

“Of course.” Agnes nodded and searched the cabinets for aromatic tea and sugar. “How are my eldest daughter and grandchild feeling this morning?” She looked at Chloe over her shoulder.

Chloe sat back and rested her hand on her large baby bump, she was almost eight months into her pregnancy and was definitely experiencing the strains of carrying a tiny creature inside of her.

“Baby’s great!” Chloe smiled lovingly, enjoying the occasional movement she managed to sense, “But my back is so sore, it’s killing me.” She complained and caressed the sides of her spine, feeling the knotted muscles crying out if pain.

Agnes pouted sympathetically and put the cattle down, making her way to Chloe. “Do you want me to rub your back? Maybe we could get massages later with Alicia.” Agnes suggested worriedly. Chloe smirked in response as it always amused her how her mother refused to acknowledge her youngest daughter’s change of name.

“Mama I’m huge, I can’t lie on my stomach…” She said and rubbed her tired eyes, she found herself becoming more and more tired with each day that had passed. “Besides, I don’t want some masseuse…I want Brian.”

Agnes nodded sympathetically and handed her daughter a steaming mug of bergamot tea. “Kaja, I know it’s extremely difficult for you to be away from Brian, but I promise that it will only make you stronger as a couple…” Agnes cooed, stroking the side of her daughters beautiful, fair face.

“I know but…” Chloe took a sip from the warm liquid, “I miss him so much…he’s my air, I can’t-“ Chloe stuttered, she couldn’t even word her emotions and longing for her fiancé properly. “I just want him back.” She looked at the dazzling diamond ring on her finger, it shone beautifully.

“Kaja it’s been a month now, you can sure hold up for another one. He’s making people happy with his music and you are both aware of the fact that he’s rather be here with you. Why don’t you call him?” Agnes lovingly patted Chloe’s arm.

Chloe bit her full bottom lip nervously and glanced at the oven’s clock. “I don’t know where he’s at right now, he could be sleeping…I don’t want to wake him up, he’s exhausted as it is.” Chloe said, remembering all the late night calls she and Brian had, where he told her how homesick he had become. “I’ll just wait for Brian to call me on Skype-“

Chloe was cut off by the sound of the front door slamming and heavy familiar footsteps emerged from the hallway. Less than a minute later, her turquoise eyes met a pair completely identical to hers. “Hei!” Gunner smirked and brushed his dripping wet, black hair away from his face and rested his polished surfing board against the wall, “Slept in?” He asked after eyeing his sister.

Chloe cocked her eyebrow, “Obviously.” She replied to her brother in the same manner. “Early surfing?” She asked while he took his t-shirt off and tossed it into his bag.

“Yup! Met a super hot chick, I’m meeting her for brunch in 30 minutes.” He grinned cockily and opened the refrigerator, turning his back on them, providing Chloe and Agnes with a clear view of his detailed, back piece tattoo of a Nordic wolf.