Will You Stay Away Forever? 33

The blinding sunlight crept through my closed eyes and forced them to open, waking me up. I groaned lowly and attempted to roll to my left when a faint whimper and a soft hand on my ribcage stopped me. I rubbed my eyes and looked down, seeing the crown of Chloe’s head resting peacefully on my bare chest.

The sight made me grin, the faint smile she had on her plump, ajar lips let me know that she was relaxed and happy. I allowed my fingers to bury themselves in her soft, fair hair and comb their way through her loose curls. Another sleepy moan left her mouth and Chloe soon snuggled further into my chest, nuzzling it with her nose.

As she scooted closer, I could feel her tiny baby bump press against the side of my body, which made me grin like a maniac. It was almost surreal how a little over 3 years ago, this girl left me behind, absolutely heartbroken and crushed. I was so angry, so betrayed as she refused to give our relationship the chance it deserved. And here we are today, together, parents to be.

What makes the situation even more absurd is wondering ‘what if?’. What if she hadn’t left back then? What if i had been able to convince her to stay? Would we still be here?

While my mind clouded with thoughts, my hand made its way to the curve of Chloe’s hip, where here smooth leg hooked around my waist. I might sound like an eccentric creep, but merely the sensation of her skin made my body tingle. Chloe’s all I ever wanted, I don’t give a fuck what people think. They may say she’s materialistic, bitchy, overdramatic…who cares? I could really care less…I love her.

“What are you thinking of?” Chloe’s soft mumble made me snap out of my bubble. I soon felt her sharp nails graze the “Forever” tattoo on my chest, tracing each swirl and letter. Strangely, it made me a little uncomfortable because every time she even looked at the tattoo, I couldn’t help but wonder what she was up to.

I was well aware of the fact that Chloe had the greatest respect and love for Jimmy and his memory, I just can’t help but think that I might have gone overboard with it. What if it bothers her when we are intimate? I can definitely agree that the memory of a lost friend is not what you want to have in mind while making love.

Baby?” She mumbled again, trying to draw my attention, “Are you alright?” Chloe asked, her head leaving my chest to look up.

My gaze moved off the ceiling and landed on her beautiful face, finding her deep turquoise eyes. “Just us.” I smiled weakly, answering her first question. I hooked my finger under her chin and brought her closer, sweetly kissing her full lips.

“Oooh!” She grinned excitedly and climbed on top of me, letting the comforter slide down to the small of her back, where it barely covered her lower half. “Tell me!” Chloe chuckled, pushing her fingers into my probably messy hair.

Her behavior made me laugh, she was so curious all the time, she had to know everything about everybody, especially when the topic of discussion was her. “Oh it’s nothing…” I pushed the envelope, teasing her.

Chloe huffed and decided to avenge me, slowly leaning towards my neck where she placed small, delicate kisses in all the right spots. “Tell me, Gates.” She groaned against the bottom of my chin, right where my goatee started growing.

“Well aren’t you frisky?” I asked cockily, expecting it to annoy Chloe. But instead, a silky moan left her throat and her lips traveled upwards to linger on mine.

“I’m anything you want me to be.” She whispered seductively, I knew that tone, I knew what she wanted, even though I gave plenty of that to her the other night.

Our lips once again met as we kissed, enjoying the tenderness of a kiss that was so unbelievably meaningful to the both of us.

“Haven’t I satisfied your appetite enough?” I pushed a strand of hair away from her face, exposing the naughty twinkle in her eyes. “Not that I’m complaining…” I quickly added.