Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Four hours later we were in the car and almost to our new town. The plane ride had been quick and now we were driving through winding roads through plush forests. I had to admit it was beautiful and peaceful looking but I wasn't sure if I was going to be bored out of my mind, there wasn't even a beach here and it was much colder then back home even though it was August.

Suddenly houses came into view and I noticed they were all quite large, it must be a wealthy area with all these beautiful homes. Finally my dad pulled into a neighborhood and soon we were pulling up at our brand new home. It was much larger than our old home which surprised me and it was absolutely stunning. It had a winter lodge chateaux look yet also kind of modern yet somehow it kind meshed well together. I got out of the car and shut the door and just started looking around, I noticed the property was large and all the houses connected to the forest through the backyard I guess these people liked the forest and their privacy. I saw Tyler and my dad staring off into the forest with a wistful look in their eyes which kind of freaked me a little bit, it was just so weird. Back home we didn't even live by any type of forest so I don't understand their current fascination.

"Hey how about you guys unpack the car, I'm going to pick out my room!" I called as I went walking toward the front door not really surprised to find it unlocked. I bet no one in this small town did anything bad like breaking into houses, the population was probably only like 400 total which going from busy Florida was going to be quite a change.

I walked up the stairs to pick out my bedroom and was surprised to see there were two different directions I could go, there was only one door on the right so I assumed that was where the master bedroom was so I went to the left and walked all the way to the end of the hallway and opened the last door on the right. I had been drawn to this room for some unknown reason and I wasn't about to question it, it was the only thing that felt right at the moment. The room was quite large and had a balcony that looked over the backyard with the view of the forest. I'm sure Tyler would have loved this room but I wasn't going to give it up especially when I saw the large walk in closet and the massive on suite bathroom with a rain shower.

I opened the French doors that led out to the balcony and stepped out and took in a deep breath when sudden I felt my heart stop. In the distance at the edge of the forest there was a big black wolf staring at me. I jumped back in shocked and then tried to locate where I had seen the wolf but it was gone. I didn't realize there was wild life so close to our house, it would make me think twice about venturing out into the backyard by myself. I went back inside when I saw Tyler had walked into my room.

"I had a feeling you would choose this room." He said.

"why?" I asked, when had he even seen the house let alone this room.

"It has a balcony and you never could pass up a rain shower." He replied but for some reason it felt as though he had meant to say something else.

"Well I guess you know me too well." I said with a shrug and walked pass him to check out the rest of the house. I found 3 other bedrooms besides the master bedroom, all with their own bathrooms but not as large as the one I had in my room, and no rain shower. As I walked downstairs I heard my dad on the phone with someone so I paused trying to be nosy, I had always been nosy.

"I don't understand." My dad said, I wish I could hear the other end of the conversation but I couldn't so I had to settle for just listening to my dad's side of it.

"That's not possible, I'm telling you she's not. I would have noticed by now ok."

"You have to be wrong, besides he's already mated." He replied to the unknown stranger, what the hell did that mean anyway "He's already mated". Who says things like that and who was this "She" they were talking about.

"I won't let him, he made his choice 3 years ago he can't take that back. Besides she has no idea about any of this."

"I wasn't planning on telling her anything she doesn't need to know."

"You think I should, what happens when she can't accept it?"

"I have to go, I'll see you tonight." He said and ended the call. I stood there against the wall of the stairwell feeling confused by what I had just heard. None of it made any sense and of course I knew I was missing a whole piece of a conversation but still everything my dad said just seemed weird and confusing. Suddenly Tyler came up behind me and eyed me suspiciously.

"What are you doing Sam?" he asked.

"Me? Oh nothing, just checking out the house." I relied nervously.

"Well I think you've checked out the stairs, time to move on."

"Your right, off to the kitchen." I said and skipped down the last couple of steps. I walked into the kitchen to find my dad sitting at the counter looking lost in thought.

"Hey dad." I chirped and he jumped as if I scared him which has never happened before, he was always well aware of me entering a room.

"Oh hey sweetie, find your room?" he asked but I could tell he was still thinking about something else.

"Yeah, best room in the house. Well except for yours probably but I'm happy with it."

"Good, good." He replied then looked at Tyler.

"So sweetie Tyler and I are going to go grab some stuff for the next couple of days like sleeping bags and stuff, why don't you go to the grocery store and when we all get back I'll order pizza." My dad said nervously.

"Sure...but if you guys are going out then what car am I going to take?" I asked confused.

"Well actually that is my other surprise besides the move, I bought you and your brother new cars that are already in the garage, the red one is yours." He said and threw a set of keys at me and I squealed. He handed me his credit card and I went running into the garage shocked to find an amazing decked out Jeep Wrangler Rubicon sitting there waiting for me.

"It's beautiful!!!!" I screamed and jumped in and started it up. My dad stood in the doorway of the garage and laughed happily.

"Glad you like It sweet pea, now use the GPS to get to the grocery store, it's a smaller store than you're used to. Please don't buy all snacks, see you in about an hour or so."

"Byeeeee!!!" I squealed and I back up and took off down the road.