Chapter 7

Chapter 6

When I woke up I felt disoriented and realized it was no longer morning, I had slept late into the afternoon which was very unlike me. That's when I realized what had stirred me out of sleep, there were loud voices coming from downstairs and one of them was definitely my father. I quietly walked to my door and just cracked it open hoping thst would be enough to hear part of the conversation.

"I want to see her!" I heard a voice growl.

"No! she's sleeping anyway and I'm not going to wake her just so you can feel better."

"She's my mate you will do well to remember that!" the stranger bit back angrily.

"And you would do well to remember you gave her up when you marked and mated another. She is no mate to you, you gave up that right two years ago." My dad said his voice full of venom, I had never heard him so angry it actually scared me a little bit.

"She belongs to me!" the stranger spit out I could tell they were holding themselves back because they knew I was "sleeping" upstairs so they didn't want to be too loud.

"No she belongs to no one now and thank god. You need to reject her so when she meets you and the pack she is not in pain. You know what will happen if you don't and I will not stand for that." My father said he voice so full of concern, who was this she my dad was talking about and why was he so concerned for her. I knew it wasn't me, I didn't have a mate or a wolf I was human.

"I can't do that William, I can't let her go." The stranger replied his voice tormented and weak and it made my heartache for reasons I could not explain.

"You have to, the only other choice I have is to send her somewhere so you will never find her but if she meets you in your human form before that I will not be able to stop the pain. Please don't do that to her, she doesn't deserve any more pain."

"I won't give up my mate, I just need some time to figure something out. I will not let her go she was made for me and I was made for her."

"Do you really want her? She's weak, she'll make your pack weak. You chose a strong she wolf isn't that good enough for you?" My father asked and when he said it I felt my eyes fill with tears, how could he say these things and why did it almost sound like he was talking about me. The only thing that made me feel better was it wasn't me, I didn't have a mate, I would never have a mate.

"I know that! Don't you think I thought about that. That is why I need time, I need to figure this out." The stranger hissed.

"If you really wanted her you would break your bond with the other she wolf. Obviously you know what that would do to her and your pack, your mate is not strong enough for a challenge and would die trying to defend her new place as luna. I can't stand by and let this happen, she deserves more so please just reject her and let her live her life. You don't love her because you wouldn't need to think about it, do the right thing Luca." My father pleaded with him and then there was silence.

"Samantha?" my dad called and I realized I had just been caught, they must of noticed my scent or heard me damn werewolves. I quickly shut my door and rushed out to the balcony. As I stood there trying to catch my breath hoping my dad didn't come and bust me I watch the black wolf from last night run out the back door and into the forest.

b