Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I woke up feeling like I had been drugged and beaten yet when I opened my eyes my entire body was still very much intact and unmarked. I closed my eyes for a minute trying to get rid of the dizziness that accompanied the worst headache of my life. Suddenly flashes of what seemed like a bad dream flashed through my head and I cried out in pain and sadness. I had been hoping it all had been a nightmare, but I couldn't ignore the fact that it has happened. I gained a wolf, but she lost her mate... to another wolf...

I heard a knock at the door and my dad poked his head in nervously. I wanted to pretend I was still sleeping but I knew he would be able to tell is wasn't.

"Hi..." I whispered knowing he would hear me.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, and he entered the room fully.

"Like I died and was revived, please tell me it will go away soon?" I pleaded.

"Can you feel your wolf?" he asked. I paused for a moment searching my mind for some clue that she was there. "Wolf?" I thought silently. "I'm here, I will help you heal quickly Sam but we need our rest." She said and then I felt her slip away.

"Yes, she told me to rest and she will heal me." I said and realized how crazy I sounded. He seemed nervous about something and part of me wanted to lt him off the hook and not say anything but the other part of me demanded answers.

"What else do you need dad?" I asked my voice came out a little meaner than I intended.

"He wanted you to call him when you woke up, I told him no but he keeps insisting." He said, his eyes not meeting mine.

"Tell him I declined, I have no reason to speak to him."

"He's not going to like that..."

"Well he doesn't get to decide what he likes because I don't like that my mate marked and mated another woman!" I growled out.

"Touché." My dad said quietly.

"Dad?" I said, gearing up to ask a question I knew he wouldn't like.

"Yes sweetie?"

"What are my options now that my mate is with someone else?" I asked.

"I have been forbidden to tell you, but what I can tell you is to ask your wolf. She will provide you with any information you need to know regarding werewolves and orders from others don't work on her." He replied. I wanted to ask who had forbidden him to answer my questions, but the answer was pretty obvious and I'm pretty sure he would have forbidden my dad from telling me it was him anyway. I sighed which was my dad's que to leave and he did. I debated on whether to ask my wolf the question I wanted answers to and finally decided it was something I needed to know. I was in too much pain not to know.

"Wolf?"

"Yes Sam."

"Do you have a name so I can stop calling you wolf?" I asked feeling silly.

"It is Odella, you may call me Della."

"Della... what do I do now that our mate is with another...woman...wolf...whatever you want to call it." I asked feeling anxious for her answer.

"We reject him, if he has any ounce of decency, he will accept the rejection and if he doesn't, we need to leave. I don't want to take you away from your family but if he does not accept the rejection, we will constantly be in pain. Every time we see him, every time he is with his chosen mate and the closer we are the worse It is. I am very strong wolf but even that kind of pain will eventually take its toll on me and then eventually you." She replied sadly, the way she spoke of rejection it was like a forbidden word to her.

"How do you reject someone?" I asked.

"You must look them in the eye and said "I Samantha York reject you Alpha Lucas Wolfe." He will either reply with an acceptance or a denial. He would be a fool to deny it, if his pack finds out he mated a she wolf that is not his true mate they could have his title taken from him." She answered and I decided the moment I was strong enough to leave my bed I would find Lucas and reject him.