Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Samantha's Mom's POV – Eve

"I just got off the phone with my daughter who has requested to come stay with me and Reid and this pack." I got out before Gavin interrupted me.

"Seriously Eve, do you really have to ask..." he started saying before I cut him off.

"Gavin please hear me out before you respond, your going to want the rest of the information before making a decision." I interrupted him before he could finish which is something I would not normally do to an Alpha but this situation was tricky and I wanted to make sure I could help my daughter.

"Ok, continue but I don't know what you could possibly say that would change my decision." He replied.

"Just wait my friend." Reid said from behind me and I turned around and glared at him. He wasn't helping me with his comments and facial expressions, I needed Gavin to remain calm, cool and collected.

"She is requesting to come to this pack because she plans on rejecting her mate...now before you say anything you need to know the whole story since I know you don't believe in rejection but she does have a valid reason. Part of the reason my daughter is not here today is because up until 2 weeks ago she did not have a wolf. When she met her mate in the current territory she is in it activated her dormant wolf. Once she gained her wolf she realized she had a mate...a mate that has already marked and mated another. She doesn't want to stay there after she rejects him and I told her I would speak to you to see if we could bring her here." I said but I wasn't finished I didn't get to tell him what territory she was in or who her mate is but I needed to take a breath.

"Eve, her reasons are valid and I see no reason why..." he started to say and I cut him off again this time earning a glare.

"I'm sorry, I promise you'll want this last piece of information. She is in Wild Moon Territory and her mate is Alpha Lucas Wolfe..." I spit out before he could stop me and suddenly it was like all the air was sucked out of the room. He was silent and he just stared at me for the longest time I almost thought he stopped breathing. It felt like forever before he spoke and when he did I felt like I could breathe again.

"So the rest of the fallout from Lucas and Jen's mating has happened. Eve I am so sorry for the pain this must be causing your daughter, especially after finding her wolf so abruptly and then having to deal with this. My answer is the same as it would have been before you gave me the rest of the story. A part of me does not look forward to the drama this will bring with Lucas Wolfe but the man also does not deserve to ruin your daughter's life because he is a selfish man. Had he not mated Jen we could have fixed this but since he has marked and mated her there is no way to break that bond without death. I doubt Jen would want to change anything anyway, she seems quite content in her position. Tell you daughter that she is granted permission to enter and join the Lunar Moon pack. She is to meet with me upon her arrival to officially join the pack to prevent Lucas from doing anything."

"I will call her right away and let her know of your decision, thank you so much Alpha Gavin you have no idea how much this means to me. I haven't exactly done right by my daughter recently." I said and he returned my gratitude with a smile and I left the office and Reid stayed behind, probably wanting to talk about business.

I dialed Samantha's cell phone number and hoped she picked it up.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Are you alone?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm still in dad's office since it is sound proof. What did your Alpha say?"

"He has granted you permission and access to come and join the Lunar Moon pack, when you arrive, we have to bring you to him so he can officially bind you to the pack so Lucas has no claim to bring you back." I said quickly.

"I will see you in less than three days, thanks mom, I love you." She said and then she hung up before I could reply, someone must have entered the room.

Samantha York's POV

After I told my mom I loved her I hung up since I saw the door knob turn meaning someone was about to enter the room. Sure enough within seconds my dad appeared.

"Hey sweetie, how did it go? Did she answer?" he asked.

"Yeah, we talked for a little bit she explained some of why she left but said we'd talk more another day. I'm glad she's not gone for good, I don't think I could have handled that." I said still down at the desk not wanting to meet his eyes. I felt guilty that I wasn't telling him I was going to run but I knew he would try and stop me and he would be obligated to tell his Alpha.

"Maybe you can go visit her soon, that might be good for you." He said and smiled. I felt my heart drop but I quickly recovered not wanting to give away my plan. I needed to leave, and no one was going to stop me.

"Yeah that would be nice, well I'm going to grab a snack from the kitchen and go back to my room to rest, I'm exhausted, and I haven't even done anything." I replied and yawned for affect and then snuck past him. I quickly made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, grabbed a package of cookies and a drink and made my way to my room. I pulled out my duffle bag and started packing some of my things. I only pack two bags and hid them under my bed, I would sneak downstairs tonight and put them in my jeep when they left to go to another pack bonfire which I was exempt from due to letting my wolf heal.

Tomorrow I would drive to the pack house and confront Lucas and reject him and them drive straight to the airport, my mother had called me to tell me the Lunar Moon pack's private jet would be there waiting for me so there was no way to track where I went. She gave me the instructions on where to go and then hung up. Once my dad and brother left I snuck downstairs with the bags and put them in my trunk and went back inside, made some dinner and went right back to my room. Hopefully tomorrow would go smoothly and I would get lucky enough to get him to accept the rejection. I decided to call it a early night so I could mentally prepare myself for tomorrow.