Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I rushed back to the beach house and just started stuffing whatever I found in a duffle bag, I wasn't going to take everything since I was hoping I would return with Gavin but I knew I had to be prepared. I was trying to prepare myself emotionally but I couldn't; my mind was racing which made my heart race like crazy. I was finally happy, I had my mom and Reid, Denver, and I think part of me had Gavin and now I might lose it all. All because my true mate was a selfish man who didn't understand no and didn't realize he couldn't have a chosen mate and start a family and think I was just going to hang around like some dirty mistress. If he thought having me back in his pack would somehow make me change my mind he was wrong. I would fight this, I needed to fight this.

I was glad Denver didn't show up to see me off because I don't think I could have handled it. Yet part of me had a feeling that Gavin had asked him to stay away knowing it would make it harder for me to leave. I saw the black SUV pull up outside the beach house and I grabbed my bag and walked out and got in the back seat. I knew Gavin was there in the front passenger seat but I refused to acknowledge him or Reid who was driving the vehicle. Once we reached the airport I got out and got on the private jet I had come here on and took a seat near the back. I was barely holding it together I could feel my throat constricting as I fought the tears and sob that was lodged in my throat. As the pilot closed the door of the plane I could feel my panic build, I was heading to god knows where to face the council and my true mate. I wanted to run, my body yearned to just run and it didn't matter where just anywhere but here.

"Sammie..." I heard Gavin's voice and something in me cracked.

"Don't, I can't do this, please don't make me do this. I'll do anything just let me go, I'll run and hide and when I'm 18 I'll be able to choose where I want to be!" I pleaded barely holding the tears back.

"You know if I could I would but I can't, you know I can't." he replied and suddenly my anger came lashing back at him.

"So I guess everyone was wrong when they said you were the most feared Alpha, the strongest wolf in America. The big bad Alpha is afraid of a Council of werewolves who probably haven't fought anyone in god knows how long. Who knew the most feared Alpha is just a scared little pup!" I hissed at him and I saw his eyes go dark before they turned grey again.

"Stop being a little brat and buckle your seat belt. Trust me this Alpha is no scared little pup, I just don't need to fight this battle it's not worth the trouble. You would do well to remember I am not your mate, or your boyfriend regardless of sharing a kiss or two or even a bed" He spat back with venom and I gasped. I knew I had been delusional to think he felt the same way about me as I did for him, he was right I was just some silly little girl who had been fooled by his kindness from his pity and two little kisses.

"Yes Alpha..." I whispered and kept my head bowed as I buckled my seat belt. As the plane took off I let the tears fall there was no holding them back any longer. We were only in the air for a little over an hour before we landed, once the pilot opened the door and let the stairs down I waited for Gavin to exit the plane before I did. As we were getting in the car I heard him call my name softly.

"Alpha I heard everything you had to say earlier, I don't need another explanation." I said and got in the car. Part of me wanted to know what he had to say but my heart couldn't take anymore so it was easier not to hear anything else he had to say. We were both silent during the drive to the council's estate and I tried to control my tears I didn't want to appear weak in front of them but the closer we got to the estate the more my heart broke. As the car pulled in front of the huge 3 story white mansion I pushed my emotions as deep inside as I could, I was going to get through this one way or another. Gavin led me to the door grand wooden doors which opened as we approached.