Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Samantha's POV

He turned towards me and took my hands in his and all I felt was warmth and tingles and it was amazing. So, this was it, this was goodbye....

"Samantha, I want to ask for forgiveness for everything I've done, I should have protected you, I should have behaved better, I should have never let any of this happen. Please forgive me?" He begged and I wanted to speak but a sob was caught in my throat and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I wanted to beg him to stay with me, to pick me, choose me...

"I alpha Gavin Stone reject Jen wolf as my mate now and always. I choose Samantha York as my mate and Luna...if she will have me and accept me as hers." Gavin said to the council and then looked back at me. I just stood there shocked, open mouthed. What was he doing, he was throwing away his title! For what, I was a disaster, but I loved him and maybe he loved me too...

"Samantha, I want you, all of you for the rest of my life. I don't need my title, I will always have my pack and they will always have my support, but I refuse to give you up again, ever. Will you be my mate?" He asked, his face hopeful and nervous.

"Yes...I Samantha York accept you Gavin Stone as my mate." I said and I was suddenly filled with happiness and warmth like I had never felt before. As I accepted, both Lucas and Jen screamed "no!", and Lucas lunged for Gavin trying to attack him. Odella took control and knocked Gavin out of the way as I shifted. I lunged forward and pinned Lucas to the floor snapping my teeth and snarling at him in warning, one wrong move and I'd kill him.

"Get off of me you little bitch, I'm not going to let another man have you. I'll kill you before I let him mate and mark you!" Lucas screamed from beneath me. I growled in his face and before he could push me off, I had my jaws on his throat pressing hard enough to warn him that I was not afraid to kill him.

"Don't kill him Sammie, you'd never forgive yourself. I know he deserves it but that would be too easy of a punishment for him. Let the council punish him." Gavin said soothingly and my wolf whined, she wanted this man's blood, she wanted him dead. After a minute I conceded and stepped back and shifted and Gavin handed me his shirt.

"Guards take Mr. Wolf to the cells until we've decided what to do with him." The council demanded. I hadn't even realized they had guards; they had blended so easily into the background.

"Alpha Stone we need the name of your successor and before you leave the manor you will need to mark your mate; the completion of your mating can be at your discretion."

"I name Denver Porter as my successor should I not produce an alpha heir within 7 years as deemed by the council. Should I be successful in producing my own heir with alpha blood my named successor will have no rights to my pack and title." He stated letting the council know he wasn't just going to roll over and hand away his pack until he had to. I was shocked he chose Denver considering Denver wasn't exactly the most mature person I knew but then again, he was still young and mate less. I think once he has his mate he would settle down. I know he didn't choose Reid because he and my mom would be too old in 7 years to produce an acceptable heir.

Maybe Gavin and I would get lucky and the moon goddess would bless us and give us an alpha blood heir, I would pray to her and ask for her to be kind to us. I think Gavin is an amazing Alpha and his pack flourished under his leadership. I didn't want to live the rest of my life knowing he had given up his pack and title for me, that was a lot of pressure to live under, I would always wonder if I was worth it no matter what he said.

"Council I am also letting you know that if you let Lucas go and he comes onto my territory or goes near Sam I will kill him, or I'll let her do it . I suggest you make sure it doesn't come to that." Gavin threatened and the council nodded.

"We will take appropriate actions to try and prevent that. Although if he does manage to disrupt your lives the council will not take any action in holding anyone responsible for his death, we'll consider it justice. We wish you the best Alpha and Luna, we are also in your debt for the injustice done to you." They said and with that we took our leave. We would be staying another night since Gavin had to mark me before we left but then we would be going home... finally going home...

Once we got back upstairs to my room, he walked in behind me and closed the door and just pulled me to his chest and held me as if at any moment I would vanish.

"it's over..." I whispered into his chest and he finally pulled back and just stared at me with a concerned look.

"I finally get to go home, I am finally free of pain...well mostly. I'm free and I got you..." I said shyly and he understood.

"When we get back I will not alert the pack until you want me to, which includes Denver... your choice. no matter what I have to do to keep them away." He said and kissed the top of my head and I just nodded. Part of me wanted to see my mom and Denver as soon as possible but the hurt and scared part of me needed time.

"So, um how does this whole marking thing work? Do you just bite me?" I asked nervously the whole werewolf thing was new to me and it had been somewhat of a whirlwind for me and not exactly the good kind. I knew when it involved mates love was quick and was supposed to be easy and I knew without a doubt I truly loved Gavin and it seemed he really cared about me too. I just felt forced on him as if he chose me from guilt and not wanting a lying whore for a mate. I hated that I doubted myself, the old Sam wouldn't have been this insecure, maybe slightly but she was braver, stronger.

"We are going to relax, watch a movie, I'm going to order food and champagne from the kitchen and we're going to talk and try and enjoy ourselves as much as we possibly can in the Council's compound and at some point I'm going to find a spot..." he paused nuzzling my neck and I suddenly felt my knees weaken and heat spread through my body. "...and I'm going to place my mark and it will hurt for a moment but then it will feel good and you will become mine forever...my Luna..." he whispered softly and I melted into him, this was a different side to Gavin that I had only had a glimpse of once before.

"Do I mark you back?" I said breathlessly and he nodded.

"Yes, but I want to wait for you to mark me until we complete the mating process. I want at least some of this to be very special for us, for our wolves." He said and leaned down and kissed me softly.

"Is this a new side to the Gavin I know, the romantic?" I asked curiously wanting to know if he was just trying to make me feel better about getting marked if this was something I could expect regularly. He sighed and walked over to the bed and sat down and hung his head for a moment before he looked up at me with a sad and pensive look.

"I guess I should explain myself and my actions previously to you... you deserve the explanation and I have beating myself up over it since the beginning... The moment I met you I felt this instant connection to you, had I not met Jen previously I would have jumped up and claimed you as my mate because that's exactly how it felt, you were mine, always. My wolf even called you his mate..." I gasped as he explained this, I had felt the same way.

"I fought it, I figured it was my wolf messing with me because he was attracted to you. He claimed you were his gift from the Moon Goddess and I ignored him but not enough to avoid you, I needed to be near you, to talk to you, to keep other men away even though Denver refused to listen... When the Council informed me I had to bring you I wanted to fight them but I knew I couldn't, not yet so I decided to be mean and push you away I didn't want you trying to run back to me if they made their decision against us which they did. When they gave you back to Lucas I felt as if I died, I lost control and my wolf went on a rampage once you were gone. I conquered more territory much to the displeasure of the Council. Sammie, I have so much to make up for and I promise in time I will. I hope from here on out we can make this a fresh start to the rest of our lives and this can be our happily ever after." As he spoke, I felt the tears slowly fall from my eyes, I loved this man more than anything and I was going to make sure we had our happily ever after...we deserved it. I leaned in a gave him a soft kiss on the lips and pulled away and gave him a smile and then walked away to put something comfortable on for our night of movies and snacks.

He took the hint and went to the phone to call down to the kitchen to order snacks and champagne which the staff were more than happy to put together for us. The night went as planned and before morning I was a newly marked she-wolf and Luna to be with my handsome mate.