Chapter 11

Chapter 11

It took me two weeks to fully recover from joining the pack bonds and getting my wolf. My wolf had been holding her first shift back, but she was getting restless and said she wouldn't be able to stop it soon. I was mentally preparing myself for that especially once my brother let me know it is the most painful thing you'll ever experience. My wolf's only though when he said that was that he had 'never experienced finding out his mate was with another'. I stayed silent at her comment knowing she had accepted what had happened, but it was something that pained her greatly which I understood, I felt the emptiness in my soul just like she did.

I finally worked up the courage to ask my dad to accompany me for my first shift. He seemed caught off guard by the request which made me a little uneasy.

"I would love to sweetie, but first I need to ask permission from the Alpha and I'm pretty sure he is going to want to be there since he is your mate." He responded.

"My wolf and I do not want him there..." he responded trying to sound brave but when he came to Lucas, I never sounded brave.

"Unfortunately, once you found your wolf you fall under the jurisdiction of the areas Alpha unless you want to be a rouge." He replied and although I didn't know what a rouge was it didn't sound like a good thing.

"Do you have a number I can reach mom at? I'm sure now that I have a wolf, she'll talk to me since she doesn't have to keep up the lie." I asked completely changing the subject and I was counting on him not asking too many questions.

"Yes, I actually spoke to her a few days after you discovered your wolf and she has been eagerly awaiting your call. She said she would wait until you were ready." He answered and then scribbled down her number on a napkin and handed it to me. I took the number and ran off to my dad's office which I had discovered was sound proof and since I couldn't risk my dad or brother hearing the conversation, I wanted to have with my mom it was the perfect place to go. I dialed the number and prayed she would answer, I didn't know how much longer I could stay here, and she was my first option to find a way out.

"Hello?" I heard her voice and almost burst into tears.

"Mom, it's me...Sam..."

"Oh sweetie you have no idea how good it Is to hear your voice!" She squealed out in happiness.

"I'm glad you are happy to hear from me, after you just leaving I wasn't sure you wanted to be in contact..." I replied.

"Sammie, I'm so sorry for the way I left but it turns out my mate is a Beta of a pack which means I didn't think it would be right to bring you with me since you didn't have a wolf. I had no idea your dad was planning to introduce you to a pack anyway because then I would have let you make the choice for yourself. I just don't understand why he couldn't have waited a year till you were in college and wouldn't ever had to know about werewolves... Oh well now that you have a wolf everything has changed, your father also told me about your mate..." She was talking so fast till the end where I could tell she knew she was bringing up a difficult subject.

"Speaking of my wolf and my mate... My wolf and I are going to reject him. This is actually why I called, I need to leave here once I reject him. My wolf can't handle to pain and I know once I see him again the pain will just be worse for me as well. I need to know if I can come to you or if I have to find another solution." I just laid it out there, there was no reason to beat around the bush. Who knew how long I had before my dad came barging in wanting answers about why I was on the phone so long.

"I will speak to my Alpha and see if he will grant you permission into the pack. Have you sworn yourself to your pack yet because then it gets trickier, I doubt your mate will let you go willingly. Let me go ask and I will call you back, please don't do anything till you hear from me. Do you understand Samantha?" She said sternly.

"Yes, when should I expect an answer? I don't want dad or Tyler to know what I'm doing." I responded.

"Hopefully within the hour. Talk with you soon, I love you sweetie." She said a quickly hung up.

Samantha's Mom's POV – Eve

As soon as I hung up I turned around and saw my mate standing in the doorway.

"How much did you hear?" I asked wanting to know what I would have to explain.

"All of it." He replied not making a move from the doorway.

"Would you accept her if she came here, I need to know before I go to Alpha Gavin and make my request." I asked praying he would open his heart and our home to my daughter who was in one of the worst situations ever.

"Eve do you really have to ask me that, of course I would accept her. She is your daughter which means I will love her like my own." He replied and walked over and pulled me into his arms.

"I love you Reid, now I have to go and find Gavin."

"Let me come with you, I doubt he will take convincing, but I want to be there just in case he needs the nudge. He is a little touchy when it comes to mates since his chose another Alpha over him..." Reid replied.

"Well that might be why it's good your coming with me...." I said slowly knowing Reid was not going to respond well to the next part.

"What do you know that you're not saying Eve?" Reid demanded not liking where this was going.

"Well the Alpha my daughter is rejecting and trying to run away from is the Alpha Gavin's mate chose over him..." I said as I nervously played the rings on my finger. It might motivate Gavin to accept my request, but he might decline because he didn't want to be part of the drama. He tried leaving his rejection in the past, he had used the pain to make his pack the most powerful pack in America and he had strong allies overseas now. Our pack was untouchable, but he might not want to invite the drama of Alpha Lucas and his ex-mate Jen back into his life. I would understand but then I would need to find another way to help my daughter.

"What a mess, who would have thought it would end up this way. That stupid she-wolf Jen has ruined so many lives and she probably doesn't even care. I hope the moon goddess gives her a little taste of her wrath." Reid replied and then took my hand and gently led me towards the door. He was mind linking Alpha Gavin as we headed towards the pack house to speak to him.

"He's expecting us, he wanted me to give him details but I told him it would be better if we discussed this in person." Reid said as we finally reached the pack house and headed for the office. Before we could even knock, we heard Gavin yell come in and we entered.

"Hello Eve, Reid said you have something important to ask me which is time sensitive?" He said not trying to be pushy but I could tell he was very curious on what I could possibly need to ask him. I had just seen him at dinner last night when he came over for my lasagna so what could have possibly happened between now and then.

"At first my request is going to sound silly and simple but please let me explain the entire situation before you respond. You will need all the facts before you make this decision." I replied, and he leaned back in his chair his intrigue growing by the minute and he waved his arm out as if to give me the floor.