Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Gavin's POV

I barged into the Council's manor, I was still as furious now as I was when I read that text. Sam was in trouble and I was the only person who could help her right now. I wasn't leaving here until she was back safe in my arms where she belonged.

"Alpha Stone we weren't expecting you!" I young maid said as she tried to stop me from continuing into the manor.

"I suggest you move out of my way before I make you little girl!" I growled dangerously and her face paled and she quickly disappeared from my view. I knew it was the middle of the day, so they were probably wrapping up whatever meetings or petitions they had scheduled for the day. I didn't care what they were doing nothing would stop me from getting my demands met. I barged into the meeting room I had been in only weeks before when I brought Sam before them. I knew I should have never let her leave with Lucas, I had been stupid to think this would all work out easily and quickly. So here I was to make my own petition which they would have to comply with otherwise my only other choice would be to kill them all and suffer the moon goddess's punishment for it later.

"Alpha Stone we are in the middle of proceedings please step out and we will hear what you came to say when we are done." One of the Council called out as I came barging in.

"You'll see me now." I growled dangerously daring one of them to refuse my request.

"Alpha Stone..." he started again which enraged my wolf.

"I said you'll see me now Council!" I roared, and the room went silent and they each bowed their head slightly and motioned for the other wolves in the room to take their leave until they were finished. They scurried past me, petrified to get to close, I guess my reputation was enough to scare any wolf even the Council had something to worry about now that I controlled much more territory and pack members.

"Please, Alpha Stone let us know what we can help you with since it seems extremely urgent that you came without notice or announcement." One of the Councilmen said and he motioned for me to step forward and speak.

"I came here to petition the release of Samantha York from Alpha Lucas Wolf's pack and for Alpha Wolf to be stripped of his title." My words dripping with venom as I dared them to deny me.

"Why should we approve of your petition Alpha?" They asked, they actually seemed somewhat curious.

"My Delta received a message from Sam that she was able to get to us to let us know she isn't doing well she even believes she won't survive her time there. My petition on the grounds of stripping his title is for the fact that he marked and mated my true mate knowingly. In addition, Samantha York is his true mate whom rejected him due to his mated status and he falsely filed the petition to get her back to force her to be his mistress. If this is not enough evidence for a petition other actions will be taken which I don't believe you will like Council." I stated letting them know my last sentence was a thinly veiled threat, not only to their lives but to Lucas Wolf as well.

"Why didn't you mention this at the last petition?" One of the Council voiced nervously.

"Samantha wanted to protect his unborn pup from any actions taken against his parents, she thought the situation wouldn't go downhill especially this quickly. She might not be willing to take any action in order to protect the pup but I am not willing to let my second mate gifted by the moon goddess suffer any longer for actions of others."

"Your claiming Samantha York to be your second mate, you are only given one by the moon goddess Alpha Stone." They stated.

"It is what my wolf tells me, commune with the goddess herself and I believe she will validate my statement. In the meantime thought I would like the Alpha, his Luna and Samantha brought here to face the petition as soon as possible, I am not a patient man Council..."

"Very well, we will contact Alpha Wolf at once and tell him he is to come here by tomorrow to answer to the petition you have brought against him. After that we will seek the moon goddess response to your claim of Samantha York being your second mate." They responded.

"I will be staying in your manor till this matter is resolved." I stated not waiting for their approval as I headed for the doors.

"Very well..." One of them muttered as I left.

I was called back to the meeting room within 30minutes by the Council apparently, they had spoken to Lucas and had some information for me. They better hope the only information they were about to give me was that he would be here tomorrow morning, with Samantha being handed over. My wolf was driving me crazy demanding she be returned to him and while my need for her was just as great I was better at hiding my emotions, acting like a love sick puppy would not help me right now so I had to be strong to get Sam back before it was too late.

"Alpha Stone we have some news. First off we did receive confirmation from the moon goddess that she did indeed link you and Samantha York as mates and she severed your ties to your previous true mates. Your claim on Samantha will stand and she shall be returned to you. As far as striping Alpha Wolf of his title has yet to be seen, we will hear his side of the story but I can tell you it does not look promising for the young Alpha. The only problem it seems is his Luna just gave birth and cannot travel and he would like bonding time with his new pup. He has been given a week to come before the council to answer to the petition and turn over Miss York in healthy condition."

"A week!?" I roared and they all flinched.

"Alpha Stone, he is well within his rights to request it since he is settling his new pup into the pack. He was informed that we expect Miss York to be returned in a healthy condition, we understand living in a cell as a rouge will affect her slightly and that will be accounted for, any additional problems will be addressed by us when she arrives." They stated hoping I would be please with their response. I knew Lucas didn't need the week with his pup, he was trying to buy time to cover up what he did to Sam but if I had to guess a week would not be sufficient...

"I will be staying here the week then as your guest. I suggest you make sure he shows within the week or you will not like my actions, moon goddess be damned." I growled and exited the room making my way to the guest room one of the maids had led me to earlier. I pulled out my cell phone and called Denver, he had wanted to come here with me but in the end I sent him back to assist the pack, I knew my Beta was capable but his emotions would be no help here, hell, my emotions were no help here but I had fear on my side.

I Don't know how I expect to survive a week wondering how she is, I hope now that Lucas had been notified he would be returning her that she would be treated much better but you never know with a cunning wolf like Lucas Wolf. I would let Sam ultimately decide whether she wanted me to spare his life because there would be a day where I would like to kill him and show him what he deserves.