Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Samantha's POV

I was mentally trying to prepare myself to relive the nightmare in the cells that I thought would never end, I truly thought I was going to die in there. I'm grateful for my escape but I knew the nightmares of that place would haunt me for the rest of my life. I went from being a normal 17-year-old girl, or at least what I thought was normal and then suddenly my entire life changed overnight. From my parents splitting up, moving, finding my mate, becoming a werewolf, rejecting my scumbag of a mate, running away, finding love, and then losing it all in just a few months; I felt lost and out of control and now with these memories of the last couple of weeks I wasn't sure if I was going to be ok.

They told me the therapist would be coming in tomorrow morning with Alpha Worth and Gavin sitting in, I'm not sure letting Gavin sit in was the right decision but I didn't want to tell my story twice, once would be more than enough...

I asked for stuff to shower and change into real clothes, I knew I smelled and looked terrible, sponge baths weren't enough, but I knew they were just trying to let me heal...well physically heal at least.

When the nurse came back with a gym back full of stuff that Gavin had gone out and bought me, I gratefully took it and slowly made my way into the small hospital bathroom. I was weak from everything that happened and then spending too much time in the hospital bed, yet I was not prepared for how I looked physically. Once I closed the door which didn't have a lock which made me very uncomfortable, I even told Odella to be on alert for anyone entering and she had permission to take control if she needed. I know they told me I was safe here, but I didn't feel safe, it would probably take a long time for me to feel safe again.

As I looked in the mirror, I just started sobbing... I had already been a small girl, slightly curvy but still only about 115lbs at most and looking at myself in the mirror I looked like death. My skin was pale and gaunt, I could see almost every bone in my body even though I had gained a little bit back since being here, and I had bruises and cuts all over me although they had faded a little. I didn't dare turn around and look at my back because I knew I couldn't handle it.

I turned on the shower and waited for the steam to fill up the room before I slowly got in and I jus stood there letting the hot water rain down on me as I tried to forget for a little bit. I finally reigned my emotions in enough to start washing my hair and body, my hair was greasy and matted but with the amazing conditioner that smelled like honeysuckles I was able to smooth it out with my fingers. I don't know how long I actually spent in there but I'm pretty sure it was close to an hour. I stepped out and quickly wrapped the towel around myself made my way over to the gym bag of supplies that was given to me.

I quickly found the brush and started to detangle my hair best of my ability and then fished around for some clothes. I was thankful for the leggings, fluffy socks and oversized sweater to keep me warm and comfortable. I started to wonder who actually put this amazing bag together, the only reason I thought it might be Gavin was it had all my favorite things and he would be there only one here who would know anything I liked everyone else was a complete stranger.

Once I was done, I managed to look myself in the mirror and while the image still pained me, I looked better, well slightly better.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I jumped a little when I realized someone was in my room but relaxed when I realized it was Gavin.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He said quietly as he watched me intently.

"You didn't, well maybe a little but it's just because I didn't know it was you..." I tried to explain myself and I made my way back to the bed.