Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning and I could tell I slept later than usual before I even looked at a clock. I rolled over onto my side and went to grab my cellphone when I noticed a large figure standing in my doorway. I made a noise that was a mix between and squeak and a squeal.

"What are you doing here Denver?!" I yelled as I sat up in bed.

"I told you I would give you a tour, I didn't realize you would sleep till 11am but your mom was nice enough to make me breakfast while I waited." He said with a smirk.

"Don't you have more important things to do then watch me sleep?" I yawned and he laughed.

"I kind of enjoyed it, you're not too bad to look at if I do say so myself." He said and I gave him a dirty look.

"Can you go downstairs so I can change, or do I need to go find Reid and tell him your checking me out." I replied and he suddenly stood up a little straighter and the smirk fell off his face real quick.

"I'll wait for you downstairs." He said and left. I quickly jumped up and headed for the closet and grabbed a pair of dark denim skinny jeans a white t-shirt and a cobalt blue sweater just in case. I went to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth and then slipped on my shoes and headed downstairs. Denver was waiting on the couch for me watching cartoons and I rolled my eyes. Who knew a 20 something year old guy could be such a child.

"Ready?" he asked as he stood up.

"As I'll ever be." I responded and followed him outside.

"First he took me to the pack house dining room where there were tons of people coming in and out of and lots of people still sitting eating and laughing. He brought me over to a table that had about 6 people sitting at it with a mix of both male and female. They smiled up at us as we approached.

"So these are my closest friends in the pack, Sam meet Kyle, Kate their mates, Jessie, Chase, Remi and Lexi. Everyone this is Sam, Beta female Eve's daughter." He introduced and as soon as he mentioned who my mother was a knowing look passed each one of their faces. I slung his arm around my shoulders and leaned into me which bothered me a little bit but I didn't say anything because I actually thought that Denver was going to be one of my closest friends here in the pack. I jumped when I heard a low growl ring through the room and so did Denver.

Without knowing what was happening I felt Denver get pulled away from me, not roughly but enough that he quickly enough that I gasped slightly. I was surprised when I turned to figure out what was happening that Alpha Gavin was standing there glaring at Denver.

"Denver explain." He demanded.

"Alpha, I was just showing our newest member Sam around. I figured she would have to know how to get herself around the pack so she can go about her new life easily and safely. I was just introducing her to the crew, next I was going to bring her around the territory on one of the four wheelers and then over to the training field." He explained, he didn't sound to nervous but was definitely taken off guard by the Alpha.

"Do you think you should be touching an unmated female so casually?" he asked and Denver looked at me quickly then back to the Alpha.

"No, but Sam and I are quickly becoming friends." He said with a smile which earned him another glare from the Alpha.

"Keep your hands to yourself Delta." Alpha Gavin said and just as he was about to walk away Denver mumbled "No promises" under his breath which immediately stopped the Alpha who then looked at me.