Chapter 8

Chapter 8

As we arrived at the pack house I was mesmerized, It was a giant red brick mansion. I couldn't believe 5 floors not including the basement and well over 1,000 windows. It was beautiful yet massive in size, even the gardens were spectacular. As we neared to door it swung open revealing a woman who looked about my dad's age, werewolves age a lot slower than humans so my dad still looked 30 which had always freaked all my friends out.

"Welcome William, Tyler." The woman said with a bright smile, I could feel that I was safe around her which eased my anxiety a little bit.

"Thank you Sara, and thank Luca for the invite." He replied and then turned and pointed at me "This is my Daughter Samantha."

"I've been waiting to meet you Samantha, welcome to the pack." She said.

"I'm not part of the pack, I'm just a simple human." I replied bitterly and immediately feeling bad for being so mean to her when none of this is her fault.

"Samantha you are still part of this pack and always will be. You are always welcome sweetie." She said then stepped back into the house and motioned for us to follow her.

We followed her through the house till we reached a set of French door that she pushed open and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It looked so normal, everyone standing around talking and eating. There was so much food and so many people I was overwhelmed. I just stood there in shock till Tyler nudged me and brought me back to reality.

"Pretty cool huh?" He asked.

"This all seems so normal." I replied in a daze.

"What were you expecting, everyone to be in wolf from sacrificing an animal or something. You have to remember these people are just like Dad and I, we are still human we just happen to have the ability to connect to our wolf and also transform into them. Trust me everything else about us is very normal." He said and laughed.

I went with Tyler to grab some food but after that he seemed to disappear so I went and sat by the fire with my food and tried to blend it. I could tell from the looks I was getting that I wasn't doing a very good job of blending, I guess they could tell I was human and not one of them. That's when suddenly someone sat down beside and I jumped in surprise.

"Hi I'm Danny, you must be the new girl." He said with a friendly smile.

"Yeah I'm the new girl, it's nice to meet you Danny I'm Sam." He said hoping that this would turn into a friendship, I needed friends.

"Nice to meet you Sam, so I hear you don't have a wolf?" he said and I suddenly felt really pathetic of course that's why he came over here.

"I don't, now you can run off and go tell your friends that I'm just the silly little human girl." I said trying not to sound hurt and angry yet he seemed to notice anyway.

"Hey I wasn't saying it like it's a bad thing. I think it's refreshing to talk to someone who's wolf isn't always babbling in their head or mind linking someone." He said and I relaxed a little bit, maybe we would be friends.

"What is a mind link?" I asked. Maybe Danny was my key to information my dad wouldn't give me.

"It's how wolves telepathically communicate with their pack. You'll noticed their eyes turn black when their mind linking with someone and trust me sometimes it's super annoying. You're really pretty by the way." He answered and I blushed at his last statement.

"Thank you but I don't think your mate will like you complimenting another girl."

"Well I don't have a mate, I did but before I could even mark her she died in a rouge attack." He replied sadly and I felt my heart ache for him. My dad had made mates sound like the best thing about being a wolf yet Danny had lost his.

"I'm so sorry Danny, it must be so hard for you. My dad said once you find your mate you will not be able to live without them."

"I didn't mark her so I am able to move on. Don't get me wrong it hurts like hell losing your mate especially if you mark them. Most wolves die of their mates die but only if you're marked." He answered and I appreciated his honesty.

"Thank you for answering my stupid questions." I said and blushed.

"They aren't stupid, you're new to all this. Without a wolf to guide you it's hard to understand it all, any other questions you have I will gladly answer them."

"Ok the other day my dad said the word Alpha, what does that mean?" I asked eagerly, I really wanted answers and if he was willing to provide them I was going to continue to ask.

"An Alpha is the head of the pack, he has all the power and he controls and protects the pack; kind of like being king. The Alpha's mate is called a Luna, she's like the queen of the pack. Then the right had man to the Alpha is the Beta, then there is the Delta. You're dad used to be the Beta but when he married your mother he had to give up his position. If you are a high ranked wolf you can only keep you're title if you mark and mate with your true mate." He answered and I feel like my mind is spinning with questions, some I knew I couldn't ask Danny well not yet anyway.

"Thanks for explaining that for me, my dad started telling me some things but I always feel like he's hiding part of the explanation."

"Not a problem, anytime you have questions just asked me. That's what friends are for right?" He said with a big cheesy smile and I laughed but nodded in agreement.

"It feels nice to finally have a friend." I replied quietly but I knew he heard me.

"I'll introduce you to my group in a little but, right now we have to go back over there with the crowd the Alpha is coming out with the Luna." He said and got up and followed him like a last puppy.

As we were walking through the crowd I saw who everyone was looking at. Standing there was the most handsome man I had ever seen. Dark black hair that was a little messy like he had just rolled out of bed. His body was just solid muscle and then I looked at his eyes and I fell like the world disappeared beneath my feet, those silver eyes...

Suddenly a voice in my head screamed "Mine!!" and I was pulled from my trance so suddenly I was swaying on my feet. I felt someone pull me into their arms to steady me but the touch felt wrong.

"Sam are you ok?" Danny asked and I could hear the slight panic in his voice. I tried shaking this feeling off but the consuming need to go to the silvered eyed god like creature only 20ft from me was so overwhelming.

"I-I'm fine..." I said and found my footing and stood on my own brushing Danny arms off of me.

"Who is he?" I asked needing know who this man was that made me feel this way.

"That's the Alpha, Alpha Luca. Next to him is our Luna and his mate, Jen. Be careful around her she's not nice. There is a secret rumor in the pack that she isn't even our rightful Luna, that the Alpha claimed someone who wasn't their true mate." He said and suddenly the dizzy feeling came back. He had to be wrong, please tell me this is all wrong. All the conversations I had heard my dad having these last two weeks were starting the make sense. I needed to get away so I walked away from the crowd and headed for the trees. I wasn't going to go far I just needed to be alone.

I heard someone behind me so I stopped and then turned around knowing exactly who was going to be there.

"It's you..."

0****** I know this story is very cliche but i kind of want it that way. I'm really just writing this because i have so much free time right now that i'm just entertaining myself. Comment and vote if you'd like and thank you for reading********