Chapter 17

Chapter 17

It had been 2 weeks since I last saw Gavin and it was starting to drive me a little crazy especially since I think he is actually avoiding me. Denver and Lexi were my constant companions here at the pack and I was grateful for them but there was something about the abnormally handsome Alpha I was slightly obsessed with. I decided after a couple hours of talking myself into it to go to his office and demand he speak to me. It sounded absurd but I felt like I needed to, so I checked my image in the mirror to make sure I look presentable and headed over to the pack house. I was grateful when Denver didn't pop up and question what I was doing, that wolf seemed to be everywhere I went. I made it to the elevator and hit the number 4 and waited for the doors to close. I let out a sigh of relief when it started moving and no one had noticed me. When the doors opened, I turn right and knocked on the Alpha's office door before I could chicken out and run back to my room. When I didn't get a response I slowly opened the door and that's when he looked up at me. A smile started to form on his face and then suddenly he made his face neutral which made me confused and a little worried.

"How can I help you Sam?" he asked and I fully entered the room and shut the door behind me.

"You've been ignoring me." I stated and he seemed surprised my statement.

"I'm a busy man." He replied simply.

"No, I can tell your actually going out of your way to avoid me Alpha." I shot back and narrowed my eyes at him for affect.

"And how did you come to that conclusion little wolf?" He questioned a glint of humor in his eyes.

"You saw my wolf that day and have ignored me ever since, is there something wrong with my wolf?" I asked, panic rising in my chest.

"Quite the opposite, you have a rare wolf, your wolf is white. I have not seen or heard of a white wolf in quite some time. My wolf also reacted to your wolf in a weird way so I felt it better to keep my distance." He responded and I was surprised at his honesty and very surprised that my wolf was special.

"Did your wolf want to attack my wolf?" I asked, trying to figure out what he meant by weird.

"No, the opposite. He wanted to protect you I guess you could say." He replied.

"Well that isn't too weird, you are my Alpha." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"So, is that the only reason you came to my office, to accuse me of ignoring you?" he asked as he leaned back in his chair with a smirk.

"Well, kind of... I was also wondering if maybe you wanted to come to the beach and the beach house with me soon?" I asked nervously; secretly praying he would say yes.

"I normally don't spend alone time with pack members Sam." Was his response, but it wasn't a no.

"That wasn't a no...Gavin..." I replied and when I said his name he almost seemed to purr in satisfaction which found odd for an Alpha.

"Very observant... when do you want to go?" he asked

"Tomorrow?" I replied, I wanted to see him soon, sooner than soon.

"So soon?"

"yes." I said almost breathlessly. Honestly, I sounded pathetic I'm surprised he hadn't thrown me out of his office.

"Meet me at the beach house at 10:00am." He said and I just nodded and then quickly left his office before he could change his mind.

I tossed and turned all night, I just couldn't fall asleep his grey eyes haunted me every time I tried to close my eyes. These were the feeling I had wanted to feel for Lucas until I found out he didn't wait for me, never cared that he had a mate out there waiting for him... I wish he would accept the rejection, I could feel a stabbing pain in my chest every so often and I wished to be rid of it, rid of him. Yet again Gavin had said there wasn't and never would be a Luna for the Lunar Moon pack, did that mean his mate had died? I was so curious, but I didn't want to push my luck and ask questions that would make him more distant than he already was. My wolf was just as drawn to him as I was which I couldn't explain...