Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I fell asleep during the flight which I was thankful for, I needed the rest I was emotionally exhausted. The pilot came and let me know we would be landing in about 45 minutes and I thanked him. I spent the rest of the flight setting up the new smart phone my mother and had bought for me and left on the plane for me to have. I was getting a little nervous the closer we got to our destination and I was just hoping the Alpha wasn't mean or super strict, I wasn't exactly the perfect pack member especially since my wolf had to teach me everything.

I still hadn't shifted but Odella told me I would have to soon, she couldn't hold back much longer which I understood. She had waited almost 18 years to shift and here I was putting her through an emotional roller coaster so she didn't feel comfortable shifting till we were safe and at peace. I felt the plane start to descend and I could feel my heart rate increase a little bit, I was so excited to see my mother but nervous at starting over, again. I was kind of glad I didn't actually make any friends in NY, it would have been much harder to leave, especially after leaving my entire life behind in Florida just weeks before.

As soon as the wheels touched the ground, I took a deep breath, it's now or never; I asked for this escape now I had to live it. I just hoped that Lucas wouldn't come after me, that he would let me live in peace. Once the plane had stopped the pilot came and opened the door and the stairs folded out. I grabbed my purse and exited the plane and realized I was somewhere kind of warm but not hot. I assumed from the flight time that I must be on the West Coast, but I would probably not find out my location till I arrived at the pack. There was a black SUV waiting for me and the pilot put my bags in the back of it for me, tipped his hat and told me to enjoy my time here. He walked off and a guy stepped out of the SUV and smiled at me.

"You must be Samantha, Eve's daughter." He said.

"Yes, and you can call me Sam or Sammie. What's your name?" I asked as I walked towards the car.

"Denver, I'm the pack Delta."

"It's nice to meet you, it's about an hour drive to the territory so we should probably head out and maybe we'll make dinner." He said and got back in the vehicle. I hopped in and buckled my seat belt and he pulled away and headed toward a main road.

"So... what exactly is a Delta?" I asked feeling embarrassed.

"I forgot, your new to this wolf pack thing. Must be weird to find out your whole life was basically a lie." He said and I laughed, it wasn't funny but then again it kind of was. I was an oddity in this whole new world I had been thrown into and I was just going to have to figure it out as I went along.

"So a Delta is 3rd in command, I'm sure you know what an Alpha and Beta is?" he asked.

"Yes, so you slightly less important and powerful than a Beta?"

"Yeah, exactly. Don't expect me to be ordering you around though unless you're in the training field." He responded with a smile.

"Training?" I squeaked feeling super embarrassed. He laughed, like really laughed really loud and I felt my cheeks turn bright red.

"Oh the Alpha is going to have so much with this." He laughed. He spent the rest of the car ride giving me a brief overview of the pack; there were 15,000 members as it was the largest pack in America, Alpha Gavin had only taken over 5 years ago from his father and had turned the pack into the #1 pack in America and he was now the most feared Alpha in the Country which kind of freaked me out. He kind of hinted to the fact that something had happened to the Alpha and that's what made him focus solely on his pack and expanding his territory and training his warriors. I wanted to ask what happened, but I didn't think Denver would actually tell me, it almost seemed personal.