Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Gavin's POV

I could barely control myself as she explained what happened while being held as a rouge in Lucas's territory, my wolf was clawing to get out and I almost wanted to let him. He was furious at the treatment of his mate, he felt so protective of her calling her his gift from the moon goddess. He could not understand how I had let her go, he had still not forgiven me for that and now knowing what had actually taken place he was more than furious at me. It was a difficult situation to be in when part of yourself was furious with the other half and you couldn't control it. I had no excuse though, my wolf was right I should have never brought her to the council, I knew what would happen and I let it.

I wanted to blame it on not believing my wolf about her being my second chance mate, it was so rare that it ever happened, and it was a true gift from the goddess because it had only been granted in extreme situations and it was usually an answer to continuous prayer and sacrifices to the moon. I had secretly hoped there was someone out there to love and who would love me in return, but I had never thought it would come in the form of a new mate.

Yet I had been blessed and I let Lucas's take my blessing and destroy it, destroy her...

The moment she started telling the part where he attempted to rape her I lost it, he had been so close and if her wolf hadn't taken control and protected her he would have succeeded... I knew I had to get out of the room once she started talking about it, I was going to lose control and I needed to break something anything.

I barely made it out of the hospital and into the trees before I shifted and shredded my clothes in the process. I destroyed anything in my path and killed a few animals during my fit of rage. I knew I should go back to the hospital room and check on her, I'm sure reliving that hell was the worst thing anyone could go through, but I didn't want to frighten her because I felt like I was suffocating in guilt...

Hours must have past because I watched the sun dip below the tree line and disappear and that's when Alpha Worth appeared.

"Gavin, I think you should change, wash up and go see her..." he said quietly. I shifted and he threw a pair of shorts at me, I caught them and put them on before responding.

"I want to see her, comfort her but I'm so angry at myself and I don't want her to think it's directed towards her...I'm so in love with her it hurts." I croaked trying not to look too weak in front of another Alpha.

"I think you should tell her that..." He responded but I shook my head, I couldn't, not yet.

"I will, I just need to try and get my mind straight it's currently a mess of anger, rage, regret and guilt." I explained and he nodded knowingly.

"Well you leave tomorrow for the council, they have been sent all the paperwork they need. Now Lucas just needs to answer for his crimes, I wish you the best of luck and happiness for your future and if you need anything in the future you can count on me for support." He said and headed back from where he came. I stayed there well into the morning and only left to get ready to make the journey to the Council.

Samantha's POV

When I woke up I was alone in my room but there was a bag with a note on it on the chair beside my bed. I got up slowly and read the note.

Sammie,

I got you some more clothes and stuff, please take your time getting ready and I will be here this afternoon to get you and escort you to the plane. We have our meeting with the council tonight at 6pm, we will leave Alpha Worth's territory by 4:30pm today.

-Gavin

I wish things were different, I wish I could go back in time and never leave the beach house. The one night I had alone with him had been perfect and I wanted so many more of those nights and so much more... It seemed like a lifetime ago and I don't think we would ever be going back to that, I think my chance at happiness is gone...

Maybe after the meeting with the council I would go back to living with my mom until I got myself together and then I would move on...maybe even come back to Alpha Worth's territory to live, he seemed like a fair and kind Alpha, then again it was too close to Lucas's territory I thought with a shudder of fear. Maybe going away to school would help...live on campus, get away from werewolves and pack life...

I was dressed and ready by the time Gavin came to get me so we could start our journey to the council. Just the thought made chills run through my bones, I hadn't exactly had a good experience with the council, but I was hoping this time would yield different results. I refused to go back to Lucas's territory, this time I would rather die because that is exactly what would happen if I went back there. I tried to put on a brave face especially since Gavin seemed to be having a mini mental breakdown but trying to act as if he was fine.

I wanted to reach out and comfort him or say something, but I figured it wasn't my place and if he wanted me to know he would tell me, so I just stayed silent.

The plane ride was just as quiet as the drive there and I just stayed lost in my own thoughts, trying to piece together my life by trying to mend myself from the inside out from my recent experiences. I wanted to say I wish I never became a werewolf but Odella was one of the best things that ever happened to me, it was the mate bond that had done me wrong...

On our drive from the plane to the council's mansion I finally turned to speak to Gavin, I needed him to promise me something.

"Gavin?" I asked softly and he jumped in his seat in surprise.

"Yes Sam?" he asked gently.

"Can you promise me something..." I started.

"Anything." He quickly replied.

"Whatever happens and I mean anything and everything, don't let me go back to Lucas... I don't care what the outcome is, I don't even have to go back to your territory... just make sure I don't end up in his territory, I wouldn't survive it again..." I said trying to keep a brave face and keep my voice from cracking. He looked shocked and almost appalled at my request and I could hear him growling lowly.

"You will never return to him, I swear to you Sammie...never." His voice deadly.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Sammie...I..." He tried saying but every time he tried to say what he wanted the words never made it past his lips and when we pulled in the driveway, he seemed to give up on trying to tell me whatever he was going to say. He let the maid me lead me to my room so he could go check in with the council and give them all the evidence he had against Lucas.

Once I entered my room for the night I let myself go straight to the bed and drift off to sleep, I knew my meeting with the council would require a lot of energy and I needed to be prepared to see Lucas again...whether I wanted to or not....

**************

Sorry it's a shorter chapter, i promise the next chapter will be way more exciting...getting close to the end of this book... yay!