Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Guess I shouldn't have called her pathetic, huh?" I joked as I panted in pain.

"No, I don't think your wolf appreciated it but It was going to happen soon regardless I could sense it." He replied and he set me down gently on the forest floor. The pain lasted for what felt like hours but was probably only about 45 minutes to an hour. It was the most painful thing I had ever experienced, including when the packs ties invaded my head back in NY. My bones snapped and I changed shape and before I knew it I was standing on four legs and covered in fur. I shook myself and took a few steps to try and regain my balance when I looked up a snow super tall Gavin compared to my new wolf body. He was just staring at me in shock. Maybe I was deformed? I wish there was a mirror out here, or even a puddle. I tried to talk but a bark came out, wow, so weird. I looked down at my paw and saw I was white, oh maybe I was just a pretty wolf. Suddenly I heard a tearing sound and when I looked up standing there was a massive black wolf....with pretty grey eyes... Gavin...

"Sam can you hear me?" I heard Gavin's voice ring through my head and now I was freaked out.

"It's called a mind link, you can do it with members of your pack and family. Try and talk back in your mind." He explained.

"This is just too weird for me." I replied back and then he motioned for me to follow up. He started running and I was surprised that I could actually keep up, my wolf was surprisingly fast. After running for awhile he led back towards the pack house and told me to stay put and he changed back to his human form and was totally naked. I turned away and he went inside quickly and came back out dressed in basketball shorts and was holding clothes in his hand. He placed them behind the tree and told me to change back. I started to panic because I had no idea how to change back to being a human but he quickly explained it was easy and it wouldn't hurt, I just had to picture myself, kind of like if I was looking at myself in a mirror.

It took me a few minutes but finally I felt the shift and then I quickly grabbed the clothes. It was a short black sundress, but it would work. I pulled it over my head and then stepped out from behind the tree.

"See you around Sammie, go home." Gavin said before he walked off into the house and disappeared. I was taken off guard by how quickly he excused himself from me especially after seeing my change into a wolf for the first time. Was there something wrong with me? I continued to over think the entire situation as I walked back towards my house where my mom was waiting eagerly for my return. I excused myself quickly and headed towards my room, I was exhausted. I didn't even shower or change I just collapsed in my bed and went to sleep.

I woke up feeling like I just came back from the dead, my body ached and my stomach growled. There was a note beside my bed on the nightstand.

Sam,

Text me when you finally wake up.

Denver – 555- 4568

I groaned and pushed the note away and made my way into the bathroom to take a long deserved shower. I probably spent almost an hour in the shower but after my tour yesterday and then suddenly shifting I think I deserved it. I quickly pulled on clothes when I got out and ran a brush through my hair, I wasn't one of those girls who spent much time getting ready. When I walked out of the bathroom I was surprised to find Denver laying on my bed.

"Maybe I should go tell the Alpha your laying on my bed, apparently you don't listen." I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"he said not to touch you, he never said I couldn't lay on your bed." He replied and sat up and smiled at me.

"Maybe we should ask him to clarify." I replied and he suddenly looked nervous.

"Why do you want to get me in trouble?" he asked.

"Why do you like bothering me?"

"I don't know, it's fun. So did you have fun with Alpha Gavin yesterday?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows. I slapped his arm and he rubbed it like it hurt so I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Seriously though." He said and I groaned.

"He was being an Alpha, showing me around his pack. Although I wish you would have told me when I got here that you guys have a beach." I responded and went to find my shoes so I could leave the house.

"Oh you mean the beach where Gavin's beach house is? Which is why he actually sent me over here so I could give you the keys." He said and dangled them in front of his chest. I suddenly blushed realizing how it must have seemed to Denver that the Alpha had basically given me free access to his beach house. I reached out to grab the keys but he pulled them back before I could grab them.

"Denver!" I whined.

"First answer this question, why is the Alpha given you access to his beach house?" he asked and I sighed.

"He feels bad for me, he knows that my mate chose another she wolf... and that I rejected him for it" I said quietly as I hung my head. Denver suddenly got quiet and serious.

"Sam I'm sorry I didn't know..." he said sadly.

"Yeah not only was I a late bloomer but turns out my mate already marked and mated another woman. Which is why I have no interest in Alpha Gavin, why bother having another Alpha choose someone over you again..." I explained.

"Your mate was an Alpha?" he asked and looked slightly perplexed.

"Yes, Alpha Lucas Wolf."

"Damn, this is just got really interesting." He said quietly, almost to himself.

"Why do you say that?" I asked not understanding.

"Don't worry about it" He said trying to move past the subject which I let him because he seemed really nervous when I asked so I didn't want to push it, not yet at least.

"Can I have my keys now?" I asked and he happily handed them over. I grabbed my hand and led me down the stairs and out of the house and towards the pack house.

"Denver where are you taking me!?" I yelled.

'To the pack house to get some food, I can hear your stomach growling so don't try that stupid girl crap where you tell me you're not hungry." I replied while dragging me along.

"You've got the wrong girl Delta, I love food and any chance to eat it." I stated happily, I was actually glad he was bringing me to get something to eat, I wish he had given me a chance to grab my phone though. As soon as we entered the pack house I heard the Alpha's voice.

"Denver, hands to yourself!" he bellowed and then got in the elevator and disappeared most likely to his office.

"You must touch a lot of females for him to be that angry." I said given Denver a glare.

"Nope, and he only seems to care when it's you. I touchy with a lot of females, you're the only one he's ever yelled at me for." He replied and I punched him in the arm.

"Hey what was that for!?" he yelled.

"Being a jerk!" I yelled. That's when I heard a girl laughing. I looked up and realized it was the girl Lexi from the table the other day when he had introduced me to his "crew". She was really pretty with her shoulder length dark hair and caramel colored eyes, she was only a few inches taller than me and really athletic looking.

"Glad someone's not afraid to put you in your place Den." Lexi said with a chuckle.

"No, she's lucky I let her treat me like that. No one else would get away with her smart mouth but she's like the little sister I always wanted." He joked and looked won to smile at me. Lexi laughed and then turned to me, "So a few of us girls are going shopping tomorrow, would you like to join us or are you going to be stuck with this guy again?"

"I'd love to go shopping, what time?" I asked, finally I was going to be able to shop.

"11:30am, and make sure you don't let this guy tag along." She said and excused herself.

"Hey I happen to love shopping." He said to me.

"I bet you do but you're not invited, not lets go, feed me!" I said and pushed him towards the dinning room.