Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Samantha's POV

I had already been here for 7 days... 51 more days to go and I was free... or I would be dead... Lucas thankfully has not been back since the first night he had thrown me down here. Yet as the days went by and I refused to accept him as my mate and share his bed he had the guards bring less and less food. He thought he could force my hand and make me so desperate I would want him, but he was wrong, maybe before I had met Gavin, I would have been that weak but just the thought of him made strong enough to resist. He may not want me but I was still in love with him...

My biggest surprise came the next morning when I was laying on the hard, cold cement floor just staring aimlessly at the ceiling trying my make the hours pass by more quickly then they had been when I heard footsteps. I didn't make a move to get up, but I did turn my head when the footsteps stopped at my cell. I sucked in my breath when standing there was Jen, a very heavily pregnant Jen would should be having her baby very soon.

"So, you're the bitch who is trying to steal my mate?" she sneered, and I laughed. It was funny that she was here accusing me of trying to steal her mate when he wasn't truly her mate to begin with, he was mine and the funniest part is I didn't want him. In truth I wanted her true mate, so if she wanted to accuse me of that then I would admit to it.

"I want nothing to do with Lucas." I spat angrily.

"That's not what he said, he said you ran off to the council to demand he take you and accept you or he could lose his title. He said we have to pretend you and him are together for their sake but I will still remain his mate and Luna and you will stay here till he figures out something to do with you." She said haughtily, and I actually felt sorry for her for believing his lies, all his lies...

"Too bad your "Mate" is lying to you, because the truth might be too painful for you to actually accept. I didn't run to the council, in fact I ran to Alpha Gavin Stone where my mother is mated to his Beta. Lucas petitioned to the council to have me returned by lying to my father and having him force me to return. Once the Council granted his requested, I chose to become a rouge before returning here and now here I am living my life as a rouge. Lucas is trying to force me to become his mistress, so he can have the best of both worlds, you and his true mate. If you help me escape, I will leave and never return I can promise you that." I explained, and she seemed surprised and skeptical. Yet it seemed my version made more sense than the tale Lucas was telling.

"Where would you go if I helped you escape?" She questioned her eyes narrowing on me.

"Back where I came from, back to Alpha Stone's Pack, to my mother." I said desperately hoping she would help me.

"Why should I help you leave if anything I should let you keep Lucas and accept Gavin... He's powerful now, more powerful than Lucas maybe I can beg Gavin to forgive me... I would be the most powerful Luna in the US, basically a queen Luna..." She thought with a dreamy look on her face, obviously the other thing this woman cared about was power.

"Please help me." I begged interrupting her fantasy of being a very powerful Luna.

"No, not unless it benefits me in some way and right now it would only cause trouble for me. You can stay down here and rot for all I care." She spat and turned on her heal and stormed out of the basement. I sighed in defeat, too bad she wasn't truly in love with Lucas because than she would have done anything to get rid of me, instead she was the power-hungry bitch Denver and Gavin had painted her out to be. 50 more days, I just had to hold on for 50 more days.

I had drifted off into a restless sleep, there was no place to be comfortable down here and mix that with slowly starving to death and there was no way I would ever be ever to really sleep down here. It had been a few hours since Jen had been down here and suddenly, I heard the door crash open.

"Are you insane!" I heard Lucas yell outside my cell and I start up startled and scared.

"Not yet." I snapped back not knowing what exactly he was so angry about...

"You really thought if you told Jen the truth she would believe you over me?" he growled angrily and he started to unlock my cell.

"Well apparently she did, or you wouldn't be so angry!" I yelled back. He looked super scary but I was trying to act as fearless as possible, so he didn't see me as weak.

"Maybe I should just kill you, and save myself the trouble of trying to break you... or maybe you just need some punishment to realize your wrong..." He said and suddenly he looked evil, sadistic and it was the first time I was actually worried about my safety here. He entered the cell and grabbed me by the arm and started dragging me out into the hallway. All the other prisoners were going crazy, even reaching for him to try and stop him. The one thing I learned while being a werewolf was they thought disciplining females with violence was a disgrace.

He threw me against a cement wall and let out of loud grunt and fell to the floor. My body was already hurting from being malnourished and achy from sleeping on the cement floor in this cold and harsh conditions, so this just added to my already long list of pain. Before I could react he started to chain me to the wall with my back facing him. I started to panic and struggle against the chains.

"Stop, please stop, I didn't do anything!" I screamed. Before I could even catch my breath from screaming, I felt the whip against my back and it was so painful I couldn't even make a sound. He kept whipping me till I screamed andI lost my voice. He didn't even unlock me he dropped the whip and kneeled down by my broken and bloody body and whispered, "Until you do as I want you will be punished as I see fit...mate."

I must have passed out before when I came to I was back in my cell and there was a strange female tending to the wounds on my back. She kept her eyes focused on cleaning the wounds even when she realized I was awake.

"Can you help me with something?" I croaked out.

"Don't talk, you need to reserve your energy." She quietly replied.

"I need to get a message to someone...can you help me?" I asked and she looked away and didn't respond.

"Please, I am only a rouge because your Alpha is trying to force me to be his mistress. It's just a message, you don't have to do anything but get a message to someone." I begged.

"Okay..." She whispered quickly not even to look my in the eye. After she was done cleaning and covering my wounds she handed me some antibiotics saying the Alpha wouldn't be letting her back if unless necessary and I would need them if I was going to stay down here while I healed. Then she pulled out her cell phone and handed it to me. I gave her a questionable look but took it and was thankful I had memorized Denver's cell phone number.

"You can delete it after i send it, ok?" I said, and she nodded.

Denver,

I Don't think I'm going to make it back, I love you. Make sure he stays safe.

All my Love, Sam

PS. Please don't respond to this text you will endanger the person who helped me.

I hit send and then deleted it before handing her phone back to her.

"Thank you, thank you so much." I cried.

"Try not to move to much so you can heal quickly. I will come back if he lets me." She whispered and quickly left the cell and locked it after she left. At least I had been able to say goodbye to Denver, and I hope he knew I had meant Gavin. I didn't need him coming here to avenge my death. He might have been cold to me when I left but I knew he cared, even if it was just a little.