Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Lucas led me to a vehicle and opened the door for me to get inside. I saw Gavin waiting outside his vehicle watching me go and I felt the tears sting my eyes. No matter what had happened in the last 24 hours I still loved him and I would miss him more than I had missed anyone in my life with Denver being a close second. I didn't bother to brush the tears away, it would have taken too much effort with the silver cuffs that continued to burn my skin. The car started to move and I saw my dad turn around from the passenger seat and try to smile at me.

"Sam... I'm so happy you'll be coming home..." he said and I glared at him, did he think I'd forgive him for bringing me back when he knew why I had run.

"I'm not coming home, that place was never my home besides I'll be living in a cell like the rouge I am and thank god because I can't stand to be around you. How dare you even claim me as family, and how dare you side with Lucas you're both disgusting." I spat out angrily earning a growl from Lucas and a shocked look from my father.

"Sam I know your angry right now but everything will work out the way it's supposed to." He started to explain when I cut him off.

"No everything was working out like it was supposed to, I was moving on. I rejected Lucas did he tell you that and he refused to accept it dad! I ran because it was my only choice, being there was killing me. I don't want to be his mate don't you both get that, I never even knew I could have a mate and then I got stuck with you! You think bringing me back will make me fall in love with you and want to hang around like some pathetic mistress who will make you feel whole! Well your wrong, I hate you Lucas and as for you dad, I no longer consider you family. If you think I'll be weak and pledge my allegiance to you your wrong, I'd rather die!" I yelled as I thrashed angrily in the back seat. Before my dad could utter another word Lucas chimed in.

"Sam you might as well accept your fate, the moon goddess made you my mate for a reason so we are going to work on this together and find a way to make it work. Jen is just going to have to understand the situation and the two of you will co-exist peacefully eventually." I said and I almost gagged at his words, he was more delusional than I had originally thought.

"You're insane Lucas, the moment I turn 18 I'm gone."

"If you think you're leaving when you turn 18 your are very wrong, you're my mate I'm not letting you go. Where would you run anyway? Back to Alpha Stone? Do you really think he wants to be bothered by you." He laughed and I just kept my mouth shut, there was no use in arguing with him right now. I let my dad lead me out of the car and onto the plane and we headed back to NY where I would start the countdown to my birthday. I couldn't believe this was happening and what's worth is Gavin had let it, he was supposed to be the most feared Alpha in America and he had just let Lucas walk away with me.

Once we were back at the pack I was brought to the pack house and down to the basement. I was led to a cell toward the end of the hall and received plenty of hoots and hollers from the other prisoners who seemed shocked to see a young girl being locked away. Lucas took the cuffs off me and then pushed me into the cell, I turned around to face him and he stopped before he closed the bars.

"All you have to do is say the word and you can come upstairs and share my bed." He said and reached out to caress my face. I let my claws elongate and I swiped at his face and I felt satisfaction as the cuts started to bleed, I spat at the floor by his feat and hissed, "If you ever touch me again I'll kill you, Alpha or not!" he didn't waste a second before he slapped me hard across the face and looked at me menacingly, it was the first time I had truly seen Lucas look dangerous.

"You'll regret that little girl, and before you know it you'll be begging me to take you." He said and walked out slamming the cell shut and exiting the prison. I earned some praise for my actions against the Alpha from the other prisoners and a few of them tried to talk to me but I retreated to the back of the cell and tried to numb myself to everything.

Gavin's Point of View

The moment the council had announced their decision my wolf was trying to claw his way out and make them pay with their lives. It took everything in my to stay in control as much as I wanted to join him in killing the council I knew it would not do me much good. I needed a better game plan than just killing them, they held power from the moon goddess and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be too happy if I killed her chosen 5.

When I heard Sam announce herself as a rouge I felt my heart skip a beat it my chest and at that moment I knew I would never forgive myself for this. She didn't know how rouges were treated even if Lucas was her true mate, laws were laws. I understood her logic behind it but her lack of information on actually living in a pack didn't give her the knowledge she needed to really make that choice and I just prayed she'd make it through the next 58 days. Watching Lucas put the silver cuffs on me made my skin crawl and I could almost feel the burning myself which confused me. I was not Sam's mate nor were we bonded I shouldn't be feeling anything yet I could feel the pain on my wrists and the despair that was clearly written on her face.

"Mate" My wolf hissed in my head and urged me to grab her from Lucas and take her home. I just shook my head and told him he was just confused and lonely, you only get one mate in your life and unfortunately Jen had been mine. My wolf responded that I was stupid and the moon goddess had given us a gift and I was letting another Alpha run off with it, he actually got so angry with my he retreated to the farthest part of my mind and sulked like beaten puppy.

I finally made it back to my pack and there waiting at the border entry was Denver and I noticed the second he sensed that Sam was not with me he howled and shifted and took off running. I would need to find him later and have a talk with him, I knew how losing Sam was affecting me so I knew he would be affected as well. 58 days I reminded myself, just 58 days...

Finally the next morning Denver showed up in my office and maybe it was a good thing because I was drunk and I needed someone to talk sense into me. I heard the door burst open but I didn't have the energy or coordination the move from my chair that was facing the large picture window behind my desk.

"Are you drunk?" he said in both anger and surprise.

"J-j...just a.... little..." I slurred and dropped the bottle I had been clutching to my chest to the floor. Denver grabbed it and put it on my desk.

"So she's gone, truly gone?!" he yelled at me and I didn't even have the energy or the sound mind to put him in his place.

"Yes...they already made their decision before we got there and nothing I said could have changed their mind. The...the worst part is Denver...s-she...she made herself a rouge. She is now a rouge in his territory till her...18th birthday..." I got out and almost thought he was going to punch me in the face but he seemed to remember who he was in the room with and took a step back so he could control himself.

"We have to do something, we can't just leave her there do you know what they can do to rouges? I'm also pretty sure she's not going to just sit there peacefully till her birthday."

"Don't you think I know that!?" I roared and he took another step back.

"What do we do?" he asked, he seemed helpless. Samantha made both of us helpless...

"Let me sober up and take a shower, bring Reid to my office at noon. We're going to war..." I stated.

 *********************************************************************************************

Anyone actually liking this book so far? I originally was going in a different direction with it but i'm letting the characters take me on the journey to write this story so i honestly don't know how this is actually going to end yet.