Between Two Alphas

Chapter one

Three years, eleven months and fourteen days since I’ve returned home from boarding school and I wasn’t the least happy to be coming home. I was supposed to be coming home until June, after graduation, but Emily was getting married and I HAD to be there. 

Emily was my twin sister, the only person who knew everything about me EXCEPT for one thing and that was something she was never going to know or anyone else for that matter. 

I tried to get out of going, but Dad always got his way and here I was on a red eye headed home and was sick to my stomach just thinking about going home and seeing everyone.

I wonder how everyone looked since I’ve avoided every holiday and birthday from the last three and a half years.

I was only shy a day from my eighteenth birthday and never really was able to say goodbye to anyone, not even my best friends, but then again they never really tried to see how I was. I would ask Emily about them, but she would only say they were just doing their regular routine.

I sighed, I really didn’t want to come home and everyone look at me like I’m some stranger or ask me a bunch of questions I couldn’t answer. How was I supposed to know why I was suddenly removed from my bed in the middle of the night and flown to a boarding school three thousand miles away? I tried getting the answers and yet I haven’t received them. Dad wouldn’t speak to me and mom, well she only said hello before she was running off to do something for the community.

I was the shy sister, the one who stuck to herself and to the nerds. I was the one with the glasses, the extra weight and the “creative” thinking one. Don’t get me wrong Emily was smart, but her only goal in life was to get married and have tons of children. I on the other hand want to go to college and have a career of my own. I never want to get married or have children for that matter, I didn’t think I was cut out for it, but then again I didn’t think I was cut out for New York and yet I’ve managed to get a couple of friends, loose the baby weight, the glasses and become a completely different person.

I was no longer the chubby, nerdy Emilia (Emmie for short) everyone grew up with.

I smiled just thinking of how shocked everyone was going to be when they saw me.

“Oh Emily, you’re going to regret asking me to come.”

Mauricio’s POV

“Will you stop touching my tie?!”

“Then stop moving it around!”

Here we were again, fighting like always. I don’t know how my brother puts up with her and her silly antics. I only offered to pick up her sister because I didn’t want them fighting about it again, but here they were.

“Seriously Em, stop!”

She was about to say something when the flight her sister was on was announced.

“Come on hurry.”

I rolled my eyes when I saw my brother take her into his arms and gave her a kiss.

“Don’t worry she’ll be here.”

She giggled like a little school girl, making me laugh. God she was such a valley girl.

‘Keep an eye out for her will you?’

‘Please no more PDA!’

But does he listen, of course not. I groaned when they started sucking face and moved away from them to find this sister of hers so we could get home as soon as possible and I could get back to work.