chapter 3

Chapter three

Mauricio’s POV

Damb sound proof walls. I needed to know who she was talking to so late at night. The thought of her talking to another man boiled my blood, but I was going to show them whoever they were that she was mine and mine only. 

After I got her to cuddle against me and she was sound asleep, I fell asleep myself.

In the morning I found her cuddle even closer and very much sprawled out over me on one side. I smiled until her phone started ringing.

I slowly took her phone from her hands and answered.

“Hello?”

“Momma?”

“No.”

“Where’s momma?”

“Hello, who is this?”

There was a shift of the phone and someone else answered.

“Hi, is Emilia there?”

“She’s sleeping right now, who are you?”

“Taylor, her friend.”

“Is he her kid?”

“Yes, so can you wake her up please?”

“I would, but answer me a question, how old is he?”

“Three and who are you?”

“Mauricio.”

She suddenly gasped and hung up. I looked down and opened her phone to see a picture of a little boy of no older than three years old posing for a picture. My heart was pounding, this kid look familiar, more than I expected it to be.

I quickly went to her photos and found even more. They all varied from when he was born to the now picture. I looked down at her and then back at her phone when she started stirring around, so I quickly sent myself some pictures and her friend’s phone number and put her phone back in her hands as I slowly snuck out. I had a feeling this kid was somehow related to me.

I was running down when Emily caught me.

“Walk of shame are we now?”

I stopped and glared at her.

“It’s not like that, we were talking and we fell asleep, nothing happened.”

“Better hurry I hear daddy coming.”

I bolted it out of there hearing her laugh. I made it home in time to see everyone around the table eating breakfast.

“Well look who it is!”

“Shut up and I need to talk to you, like now.”

‘NOW!’

He quickly got up and followed me to the basement. I needed to work out and get my head on straight before I confronted Emily about this. 

“What’s up, why the long face.”

 I handed him my phone.

“Open it and look at the pictures.”

“Okay.”

He did as I said while I peeled off my shift and got onto the treadmill.

“It’s just a bunch of baby pictures of you, so what?”

“It’s not me.”

“Yes it is.”

“No, it’s not. That’s Emilia’s son.”