chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

Emilia’s POV

I watched as the sun rose and casted light into the room. I was on the end that faced the windows and pulled the pillow tight against my chest as my back was facing Christian while he slept. 

I closed my eyes and prayed, this time just for Maison. This would have been the time he would be up and watching cartoons with a bowl of cereal, next to me in bed. My throat clenched as well as my heart and before I cried, I slowly got out of bed and went into the bathroom, covering my mouth I cried.

I was taking a shower when Christian came in behind me and joined in.

“I’m letting this one go because I haven’t told you, but I don’t want you out of our bed until I say so.”

I didn’t know why I even did it, but I rolled my eyes and got out of the shower only to have him yank me back in and slam me against the wall. Only this time he didn’t say anything, he just watched and looked like he was waiting for something. Then he slowly let go and I walked out. I took advantage of it and quickly got dressed then started cleaning.

Cleaning always calmed me down and it was a zone I needed to be in right now. 

“Good morning Emilia.”

I jumped back and gasped.

“Oh Mrs. Devaro, you scared me.”

“I figured I did, what are you doing? Shouldn’t you be at work?”

“”I’m sorry?”

“Today is your first day at your new job correct?”

“Oh my god!”

I dropped the sheets and ran up stairs and into the closet.

“What are you doing?’

I groaned looking through all the clothes, there was nothing I could use for my first day. Then I stopped when realization hit me.

“Emilia…”

I shook my head and walked out again. I felt like an idiot, she knew and she didn’t tell me. I slowly went back and picked up the sheets I dropped and headed for the laundry room.

“Emilia!”

He stopped me and turned me around.

“What were you looking for?”

I shook my head

“Nothing, I just… never mind. Are you hungry? I can make you something?”

He watched me for a second before nodding his head.

“I’d like that.”

I nodded and walked away, going into the kitchen where his mother already had his breakfast.

“It’s the first thing I do when I wake up before anything.”

“Mama, what are you doing here?”

“I just…”

“No mama, this is mine and Emilia’s home and you were specifically asked not to come in unless permitted.”

“You’re serious? I’ve been coming here for years, making you your breakfast and cleaning your home and now I can’t because she’s HERE!”

“I…”

“Emilia, go.”

He pointed away from the kitchen and I had no other choice.