chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Mauricio’s POV

I watched her, she was beautiful, BUT once he was next to her, holding her and kissing her my blood boiled. I could see her smile didn’t quite reach her cheeks and I knew she wasn’t even the slightest of happy being with him. 

People were talking about how he had claimed her and how their wedding was one they couldn’t miss or wished they were invited to.

I was sick to my stomach just thinking of them being together. She was mine and if it wasn’t for him, I would be the one wrapped around her and not him.

I could have sworn it worked , she should be feeling me the way I was feeling her. Maybe she didn’t know that she claimed me, that I was her and I belonged to her.

“Just look at me, tell me that you feel me.”

I watched as she spoke to Taylor, but she just wouldn’t look my way. Maybe my claim towards her didn’t work? Did I not sink my teeth in far enough?

“God just look up!”

I grunted and turned to see Christian at the bar with her father. He looked my way and smirked, making me even more upset that he was acting so cocky about it. 

I made my way to the creek with a bottle of jack and began drinking my sorrows away.

“Oh sorry I didn’t know anyone was here.”

“It’s fine.”

“Are you alright?”

“Does it look like I am?”

“No, but I figured I would ask.”

She sat down next to me and looked at me.

“She’s just as miserable. I was just talking to her.”

I nodded and took another drink.

“Well she doesn’t look really that unhappy.”

“She’s really good when it comes to building up a front. Years of practice, so I know.”

I nodded, taking another drink.

“Drinking your problems away won’t change anything you know?”

“But it sure hell will help it.”

“She doesn’t love him.”

“I don’t care.”

“Yes you do or you wouldn’t be like this right now.”

“She’s taking my son tomorrow how am I supposed to be?”

“And you’re letting her go.”

“She’s fucken marrying him! She wants to go!”

 “And you’re letting her! God, she was right not wanting to come back here. You all are bunch of idiots! If you really want her then fucken fight for her and your son! You don’t have to stay here you know? You can move to New York and be with her and your son because I can guarantee you that the longer she’s with Christian the more that damb claim is going to get stronger.”

I snapped my head up then and growled.

“What do you mean claim?”

“Christian claimed her last night.”

Next thing I knew I was running back as fast as I could, looking to rip his head off, but only managed to find Emilia sitting on her own, looking up at the moon.

“Tell me it isn’t true.”

She snapped her head down and over to me. I could see that our bond was still there, her eyes changed as soon as she locked eyes with mine.