Chapter 26

Chapter Twenty Six

She went to attack me, but I was faster and stronger than her and so was Mauricio.

“Taylor stop!”

“No! She can’t be pregnant!”

Then she pushed away from him and ran back. I sighed and looked away into the trees to see a couple more tree houses where guards kept watch. 

“Em…”

I was turned and my head was lifted.

“Don’t worry about her, she just…”

“Lost? Confused? Angry?”

We both smiled and he brought me into his arms. I had to admit his arms felt safe and warm.

“There’s something I have to show you and talk to you about.”

I looked up at him.

“What is it?”

“Come.”

He took my hand and we started walking over to one of the another  tree houses.

“Wait, Maison.”

“He’s alright, Evan knows.”

I nodded and went up with him. There were plans and papers everywhere, but my eyes zeroed on some photographs. 

“I just want you to understand what we know and hopefully you can tell us something?”

I nodded and picked up one of the photos. I snapped my head up to him.

“This was…”

“Yeah.”

“You were following him?”

“It was meant to be like that, I didn’t know he would be there, but when I saw him I knew he was up to something.”

I looked back at the picture and it seemed all the top Alphas were there, including dad.

“Explains how dad knew about the wedding.”

His hand then came into contact with mine making me look up.

“Your dad wasn’t there as an Alpha because I’m Alpha now.”

I frowned.

“He was there to collect.”

“Collect?”

He nodded, taking the picture away and pointing out something on a map.

“You see this?”

I looked down and saw he was pointing at our territory.

“Well it turns out that we have more than that.”

“How much more?”

He took a pencil and marked about another two miles  towards what was Christian’s land.

“But Christian would never sell that, that’s his grandfather’s land and he’s got one of his top businesses there.”

I looked up at him and shook my head.

“How?”

“By giving him what he’s always wanted.”

“Christian has everything, what can Dad possibly have that he would want?”

“His last single daughter.”

My breath caught as I shook my head.

“Christian’s father and your Dad have been in some kind of feud for years.”