chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

Mauricio’s POV

“I still can’t believe that your parents sent us here.”

Ever since Emilia had gone I couldn’t bring myself to enjoy myself in anything. Maison was slowly getting use to not having his mom, but me, I missed her. I still felt like she was here, like she was still alive, but I was always reminded that she wasn’t. I sighed, looking away from the window and towards Taylor who was ready for some fun. she’s been great since what happened and even greater with Maison, who’s been really attached to her lately. This was our first time away from him, but he was with his friends at camp. Taylor has also become my wife and my mate despite that she knew I could never love her the way I loved Emilia, but she was happy that I wanted to be with her and allow her to be Luna.

“Ready?”

I nodded and grabbed our room key and left.

“Can you promise me that you will not think of her tonight or during our honeymoon?”

“I promise.”

I pulled up my wall and smiled. 

Once at the club and a couple of drinks I was feeling loose and a lot better. I even allowed myself to indulge in my wife and what she was offering me.

“Mauricio…”

I smiled down at her and kissed her as her hands tugged at my shirt and then up into my hair. I groaned, pulling her close until I mistakenly looked up to find none other than him. I pulled away and growled, but he wasn’t looking at me, he was too busy getting a lap dance from one of the dancers.

“Mauricio, what is it?”

I looked back down and shook my head.

“Nothing, let’s go.”

I tugged at her hand and we left back to the hotel room.

“Seriously, what’s wrong, what did you see?”

“Nothing, I thought I saw someone, but it was nothing.’

But it wasn’t anything. I’ve been trying to find him, but like always hid behind his pack, but now I knew where he was and this time I was going to get some answers. This time he wasn’t going to get away so easily.

“Mauricio?”

“I have to go, I’ll be right back.”

“What? Where?”

“I just need a walk.”

“Mauricio, it’s our honeymoon!”

“I’m sorry, I just can’t.”

She huffed as I walked out and made my way back to the club. I looked for him in the same spot I saw him before, but he was gone.

“Dam it!”

“I knew you couldn’t stay away for long.”

I growled and turned around to find his brother.

“Where is he?”

“He’s got a busy day tomorrow and of course had to go be with his wife.”

“Seems like he doesn’t waste any time.”

“Well he’s a man of little patience and after what happened during his stay, well you know, he had to do what he had to do.”

I growled thinking of what he had done to Emilia.

“She didn’t deserve what she got; he should have just left her alone.”

“What and let you have her, come on, we both know he’s never going to let you win.”