Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty One

Emilia’s POV

I wanted to scream at him, slap him, but mostly beg him to stop it, but I couldn’t. I deserved what I was getting. I would not complain and I would not disobey him ever again.

When Vivian came she knew something was wrong, but ignores it and helped me with my flowers and dress, walking me out for pictures. Pictures that were intimate against the ocean and sunset; ones that sometimes I felt like he really did love me and ones that made me hope that he didn’t hate me that much and it was only a matter of time before he forgave me.

Everything was fake to him it seemed, but to me it wasn’t. This was my husband now, the man I owed everything to and the man I somehow fell in love with.

I took advantage of the pictures to caress him, hold him and at times brush my lips against his, but every time we were told to switch he would almost pushed me away like I repulsed him. 

“Alright, I think I got them all, you two were perfect, really never seen any two people so loving with each other.”

I saw the smirk before it appeared and it hurt as much as I knew it would when I saw it. My mood changed instantly and now all I wanted to do was get out of there. 

I got a chance when my veil needed to be taken off, my bustle needed to bustled and my make up needed to be re-touched. After everything was done, I asked everyone to give me a second. As soon as everyone was gone, I looked at myself in the mirror and took everything in from the hair to the dress, to my wedding band that matched my ring perfectly and making it that much bigger.

I sighed and dropped my hand, looking around until I had the crazy idea of jumping on the bed just to feel happy. That’s of course until the door swung opened and Benny came in.

“What are you doing?”

“Jump with me!”

“Hold on!”

I stopped and waiting when he came back with the photographer.

“Jump!”

I smiled and did as I was told. 

After it was over, I was flushed and my face hurt from laughing.

“Oh that was fun.”

“Atleast you’re smiling again, come on get your shoes and let’s go.”

I took a deep breath and grabbed them, running after him. We raced up to the reception area just as Christian came out with a scorn in his face.

“What the hell are you two doing?!”

I stopped and stepped back.

“Relax! God, you would think by she becoming your wife you would trust her a little more.”

“Trust is earned not given.”

I looked down then and put my shoes on.

“You know…”

I stopped him and shook my head.

“It’s alright Benny, he’s right.”

“Wow, Emilia seems like not only Joe, but my brother too? Who else you want to charm on your side, how about my dad? Oh wait, he already had you.”

I looked at him, not believing what he had just said. His father too?

“It’s not true Emilia, you never…”

“Of course she did! You use to dance for him, take his money when all this time I thought you were innocent and pure, that no man has every touched you twice.”