chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

Christian’s POV

I was stepping out of the room when I my brother was coming up with a bag in his hand.

“How’s she doing?”

“Seems to be better than I thought, what’s in the bag?”

“Oh well I figured you’d be too busy taking care of her that I’d take the liberty of thinking for you.”

“Oh yeah and what is it that I didn’t think of?”

“This!”

He then pulled out a white board, markers, eraser and a bell. 

“She’s not going to use the bell, she’s too stubborn for that.”

“Well it’s worth a try. Is she awake, I wanna show her.”

“I just gave her, her meds, she should be knocking out any second.”

“Well let me just put this in there for her so when she wakes up she has it.”

“Don’t wake her up.”

“Bro, relax she won’t even know I’m there.”

I nodded my head and let him in, but I was close behind. There was no way I was letting anyone be alone with her ever again, even my own brother.

Thankfully she was already fast asleep and left them for her at her bedside then we made our way down stairs.

“How did she do last night?”

“She whimpered and stirred a lot, but as soon as I calmed her down she was out again.”

“How are you doing?”

I sighed, rubbing the back of my head.

“It sucks. It’s like I don’t know what to do or say to her.”

“She tell you what happened?”

“No, she didn’t have to, she dreamt about it and when I closed my eyes I saw it. Besides I don’t really want to know, I don’t want to think about what he did to her.”

“You think he went far enough to…”

I shook my head, growling.

“I don’t even want to think about that.”

“You can’t just not know what if she’s…”

“It’s not possible, she was already pregnant.”

We both stopped and I turned to see him looking straight at me.

“What do you mean was?”

He looked down and then up again, stepping forward.

“The bruises on her arms were from protecting her stomach and that would explain why he went for her head most of the time.”

“She knew?”

He shook his head.

“I don’t think she did, she would have said something, it was just an instinct of hers to protect.”

“If she doesn’t know then don’t tell her.”

They both looked at me, but I didn’t want her to know if she didn’t have to.

“Chris…”

“No! I said no. She’s got enough as it is, this is the last thing I want her to go through, understood?”