chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Emilia’s POV

We were at the final dress fitting and Maison was getting fitted with a tux with the guys while we girls tried on our dresses.

“Taylor, so how did you meet my sister?”

She looked at me and I nodded.

“Well it was three years ago, I was leaving my office…”

“Oh what do you do?”

“I’m a lawyer, but I’m also a personal trainer. I’m actually training your sister for a marathon next month.”

Emily nodded letting her know to continue.

“Well as I was saying, I was coming out of my office when I spotted your sister being harassed by some cops who were trying to get her into their car.”

I looked down not wanting to meet my sister’s eyes. It was another reason why I never asked for help. Everyone always wanted something in return for helping someone out, even cops.

“And I wasn’t being arrested either. I only wanted to know where the nearest shelter was.”

“What happened next?”

“I ran over and pulled her away, that’s when I noticed she was atleast six months pregnant and completely under weight. I knew then that I needed to help her.”

“So you took her away?”

I smiled and looked at Taylor.

“She got us arrested.”

“BUT I got us out and I got you that settlement.”

“What settlement?”

“Taylor sued the prescient we were taken to because there were witnesses to them harassing me.”

“Good ole Mr. Novak.”

“And those other victims too.”

“Took us two years, but she got what she deserved and well it did help that Christian was there to help.”

I rolled my eyes, but it was true, he got the cops to confess and well I got myself money for my kid. I only did it for him or I would have never done it. 

“So now missy here is set on her feet for a while, well forever now that she’s going to marry Christian!”

“He’s cute too, scary, but very cute.”

“Don’t let Antonio hear you.”

We laughed and finally got out of the dresses, then met up with everyone for some lunch.

“Momma!”

I bent down and picked him up, but I was taken aback by the pain that shot up on my arm.

“Whoa!”

Mauricio caught him in time while I turned around and bit my lip.

“Emilia are you alright?”

I took a deep breath and nodded, wiping my tears.

“Yeah it just took me by surprise.”

“Come on let’s go get you something.”

“Momma did I hurt you?”

I turned and shook my head.

“Mommy has a booboo and I forgot to tell you.”

“I’m sorry momma.”

He was getting upset and that was the last thing I wanted him to do.

“It’s alright baby, I’m alright, come on are you hungry?”