chapter 24

Chapter Twenty Four

Emilia’s POV

I couldn’t help, but cry as he held me close in his arms with my head resting on his shoulder. He would caress my back and kiss my forhead once a while, but never said a word. Eventually I fell asleep still being held.

In the morning, I opened my eyes to hear the kids running around. I groaned when I looked at the clock, it was too damb early for them to be up on a Saturday.

Then I heard a growl and quiet. I smiled knowing it was Christian telling the kids to be quiet, but I was up. 

I took a quick shower, dressed, made the bed and then ran down with laundry as the kids ate around the table. It was only when I heard the growl that I knew Christian was coming.

“You’re supposed to be in bed.”

He grabbed the basket from my hand and dropped it on the floor, bringing me against him.

“I’m fine.”

“You need to rest.”

“Good luck in getting her to listen.”

Nana then came in with fresh strawberries and lemons. I quickly pulled away from Christian and helped her out.

“Nana, you shouldn’t be carrying things this heavy.”

“Neither should you, both of you.”

Christian took the basket and placed it on the counter.

“Oh hush, instead of worrying about me you two should be up stairs…”

I covered her mouth before she finished, but the kids weren’t stupid and started giggling.

“Nana!”

She pushed my hand away and looked up at Christian.

“It is your duty as a husband to make your wife happy especially when she’s been having such a hard time with the pregnancy.”

“Nana, I’m fine.”

“You are now that he’s here.”

“Nana…”

“Now I know it’s none of my business, but look at your two, you barely even touch each other and you’re newlyweds that haven’t seen each other since the wedding.”

“He’s just really busy Nana and it was just a little morning sickness that’s all.”

“What was it Nana?”

I looked up at him and then back at Nana, pleading with her not to tell him.

“Let’s just say she wouldn’t have been forced to eat if you were here.”

I sighed and looked away to see the kids looking at us as they remembered.

“Laundry.”

They didn’t hesitate and ran up to their rooms as I walked away.

“Emilia, stay.”

I huffed and turned around as he came up to me and kissed me, pushing me into the laundry room. I don’t know how long we kissed for before he pulled away and looked at me, running his hands into my hair.

“I’m here now, okay?”

I nodded as the tears came back.

“I’m here… I’m here.”

He kissed me again, picking me up and wrapping my legs around him that is until everyone came in with their laundry and we pulled apart.

“Sorry.”