Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty Two

Christian’s POV

All through dinner she kept herself quiet, didn’t look at me and hardly cared that I was home. I expected more from her and yet I should have known better than to be hopeful that she would change towards me after being apart for so long.

I was getting angrier and angrier as she kept crying about the baby. We were having a baby and yet she was crying instead of being happy about it. The more I watched her cry, the more the reason to doubt she wanted it or that it was mine. If it was mine I would expected her to be happy about it, but instead she’s disappointed and scared. While all I wanted to do was scream it to the world and make love to my wife, but when she pulled away from it, I snapped. 

I watched as she screamed and that only caused me to squeeze harder especially when Benny, Joe and Mike came down to rescue her. 

The minute she screamed I knew I had hurt her more than I wanted to. Things ended up in slow motion as Emilia fell out of my grip and onto the floor as I’m being pushed out of the kitchen, watching as Mike ran to her rescue.

I didn’t know what was happening as Joe came out with Emilia in his arms. I growled from him touching her and tried to run to her, but I was pulled back as I watched them take her out of the house.

I got angrier and pulled away from them, running after them.

“She stays here!”

“Over my dead body.”

I turned as Benny stood there with her bag.

“You’ve done enough and now it’s time she feels safe.”

I growled, stepping forward.

“She’s my WIFE!”

“And she’s also the mother of your child, don’t you forget that!”

“If it’s even mine.”

He growled then and stepped forward.

“You’re just like him and men like you don’t deserve woman like her. Now I’m taking her and if you ever want to see her again I’d suggest cleaning up your act and acting like a real man instead of a jealous boyfriend.”

He shoved past me and I went to chase after him when I was stopped. I turned around to find half of my guards in my living room looking like they were ready to kill.

“Get back to work!”

I shoved past them and hid myself in my office.

Emilia’s POV

I woke up with pain in my arm and a headache. Thankfully the room was dark and I wasn’t blinded by the light that was clearly trying to peak itself through the curtains.

“Morning.”

I turned my head to see Nana.

“Nana.”

She came up to me and placed a hot towel over my forhead, making my pain a little better.

“Thank you.”

“You gave me quite a scare there.”

I smiled, looking up at her. She always reminded me of my grandmother. Her pepper colored hair and those beautiful hazel eyes.

“What is it?”

“I was just thinking about my grandmother and how much you remind me of her.”

Then she gasped, covering her mouth, making me frown.

“What is it?”

“You remembered.”