Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty

Emilia’s POV

I went back to the villa to find the entire place transformed into a wedding shower slash spa.

“Surprise!”

I smiled, but then started crying again.

“I’m sorry, I love it!”

I went up to her and hugged her.

“Thank you.”

“You alright?”

“Yeah, I’m just you know a  little nervous.”

“Well don’t you worry, today, we relax.”

I nodded and that’s what we did, all ten of us, which sadly included Tess. Thankfully she shut her mouth, well most of the time.

“I remember wearing one of those on our trip to Italy, which by the way had Christian mentioned we’re going to Italy after your wedding?”

“You know what Tess…’

“No, let her. I like to hear how she keeps talking like I care.”

I smiled and looked up at her.

“Because I’m assuming that’s why you’re doing it right?”

“He doesn’t love you. This is all just revenge, to make you pay for being such a slut!”

Everyone gasped except myself and Vivian who I looked at instantly knowing that she knew all along.

“See, she even knew.”

“TESS!”

Benny then came in and grabbed her arm.

“What the hell are you doing?”

“She needed to know the truth and then maybe she’d stop lying to herself.”

“Christian is going to marry her, you like it or not, now get out!”

She yanked her arm away and grabbed her purse.

“You’ll never make him happy.”

“NOW!”

“Alright, I’m going.’

He pushed her out then came back in.

“Don’t listen to…”

“It’s alright, she’s just bitter.”

Vivian then got up and clapped her hands.

“Alright more presents!”

Mauricio’s POV

“Cheer up man, you’re getting married!”

I was handed a shot and I slammed it back. I was down half a bottle and I couldn’t get drunk enough to let loose and forget the way she looked at me. She was trying to apologize, but I was too hurt and too pissed to let her. She wanted the truth and she got it. Now it was just a matter of time before she went looking for him. In fact I wanted her too so she could finally see what kind of man he really was and then maybe she’d start acting like the Emilia I once fell in love with.

“Seriously, you’re depressing.”

“Just nervous.”

“I wouldn’t be.”

I looked up at Joe as he took a sip of his drink.

“She practically skipped with excitement when I brought her dress in and the way her face lit up when she remembered it seemed like a good sign to me.”