chapter 25

Chapter Twenty Five

Mauricio’s POV

I looked over to see her fast asleep, so I decided to pull over for gas.

As we pulled up to the gas station I noticed her struggling to breathe. I quickly pulled the gag out of her mouth and watched as her breathing began to settle to a normal pace.

“You think maybe we should dress her?”

I hadn’t realized until now that she was still in just her underwear.

“Go inside and pay, grab some snacks while I dress her.”

“Alright.”

He jumped out of the car and I went into the trunk grabbing her some sweats and a sweater with some socks as it was beginning to get chilly.

I opened the door slowly and gently dressed her, untying the tie behind her back. She groaned, grabbing her casted arm. I sighed and knelt down putting her socks on. When I looked up she was wide awake.

“We’ve just stopped for some gas, are you hungry?”

She pulled her leg away and shook her head.

‘I have to pee.”

I nodded and took her inside, holding her close. I stood outside the door until she finished then took her back into the car with Chase while I did what I needed to do.

When I came back she was fast asleep again, so I let her be and we kept driving.

“So have you thought about what you’re going to say to Taylor when we get home?”

“Taylor knows better than to question me after what happened.”

“But she’s your wife.”

“Only because she made me believe Emilia was dead. She even made Maison believe he lost his mom and that’s something I’m never going to forgive her for.”

“Technically she never said she was, all she said was that she was gone.”

“It doesn’t matter, what matters is that I have Emilia back and I’m not going to let anyone take her from me again.”

“You think Devaro’s dad will tell him that he was in on this?”

“He wouldn’t be so stupid and besides he’d think he got rid of her. He’ll be too devastated to think anything else and when he’s too weak, I’ll go in for the kill.”

Christian’s POV

It had been days since I saw daylight and had anything to eat or drink. My mind link with my pack was gone as I was now in a silver covered cell somewhere and I was getting weaker by the hour. My mind kept thinking about Emilia and my baby. He wouldn’t tell me anything and as each day passed I prayed that she and the baby were okay.

I heard the same door opened and to my surprise my mother and Tess walked in. I refused to look at them.

“Christian!”

Tess came running over to me from the sound of her heels and went to touch me, but I backed away.

“Oh Christian.”

“What do you want?”

“They’re here because of me.”

I growled and looked up.

“And what could that possibly be for?”

He walked over to my mother and placed his hand on her shoulder.