Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

Emilia’s POV

I felt the connection, the claim there every time he touched me, but it just didn’t feel like what I’ve always I guess thought it would be. Maybe it was the memory loss and maybe he was right that I needed to give it time for my heart to feel the same again.

“Ask me.”

I turned and looked at him with his sunglasses on and that smile plastered on his face.

“How…”

I stopped, shaking my head.

“Right, sorry.”

“It’s alright, what were you going to ask?”

I sighed, looking back at him.

“I was told we were engaged?”

He nodded, taking my hand and twisting my ring around.

“We are.”

“And were we planning a wedding?”

“We were.”

“When?”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“It matters to me.”

I squeezed his hand just as he was pulling up to a gate. I frowned and looked around.

“This new?”

He snapped his head towards me and I sat back a little.

“What?”

“You were remembering?”

“I… I don’t know. The question just popped in my head, but I wasn’t sure why.”

“Because it is. After your attack I had it put up for your protection.”

“Oh.”

I looked around again to see if I remember anything else, but nothing came to me.

“Anything else?”

My head was beginning to hurt and I pinched the bridge of my nose, shaking my head.

“No.”

“It’s okay, one day at a time.”

I wanted to cry, this was so frustrating especially when he’s my mate and I was engaged to him. When we pulled up to the house my door was opened and Christian helped me out.

“This is Joe my third in command and this…”

He pointed up at the stairs of the huge three story house.

“That is my brother and my beta Benny.”

I smiled and waved, but stood close to Christian.

“Hi.”

They both smiled and waited for Christian.

“Everything ready?”

They both nodded and he took me inside. He took me on a tour of the house and by the end I was exhausted.

“Can I just lay down really quick?”

We were in what he said was “our” room and as soon as I saw the bed I needed to lie down. When my head hit the pillow I sighed, closing my eyes.

“You okay?”

I nodded and opened my eyes to him.

“I think we have to take this slower.”