chapter 2

Chapter two

Emma’s POV

I couldn’t believe him, was he really this arrogant and full of himself? I had to admit I was disappointed because the boy I once met was sweet and caring. I watched as his muscles flexed with tension as I spoke him about having someone in my life. He was jealous which only made me happier to see him sweat, but I couldn’t keep my eyes off  his face. He was just like him. The black hair, grey eyes and olive skin and the smile, that smile that always ran through my head at night and saw every day but in a smaller more innocent way. It was the only thing I could see and remember from that night.

My insides were flipping with need to touch him, run my hands through his hair and have him make sweet love to me again. The feel of his skin, his hands and lips against my skin still lingered in my mind and until now I didn’t think I would ever see him again.

I didn’t mean to be so mean, but we weren’t’ kids anymore. I haven’t see him in four years and here he was trying to claim me like I was his, like I belonged to him and no one else, but that wasn’t the case, I did have someone I belonged to. I had someone I loved more than anything and would never ever in a million years give up. He was the love of my life and the spitting image of the boy I once gave myself to without even getting his name, let alone seeing his face. It was the first and last time I saw him and now here he was in all his glory without a doubt in my mind that if things were different I wouldn’t hesitate to be his, but it wasn’t like that. I had someone that didn’t know my past or what happened. If he found out what I did, I don’t know if he would ever forgive me or that things would ever stay the same.

I sighed, I can’t, I won’t and I’m not going to hurt the one person who I love the most in this world. He was first and will always be first in my life no matter what, but did he deserve the truth? Did he deserve to know my family and what they are and who they are? No, it would only freak him out, I’m sure of it. He was smart as hell, smarter than I could ever be, but the fear of him knowing my secrets terrified me.

I know it was mean to leave him hanging, but I had to walk away before I let my body take over and then I would really be in trouble.

“One week, just one week and you’ll be home free.”

I ran up into the house and noticed Emily, Antonio, my parents and what seemed like the future in-laws in the living room having drinks.

“Finally!”

Emily ran over and grabbed my hand, dragging me in. I was hoping my parents would be ecstatic to see me, but that wasn’t the case. It was awkward and sad.

“Hi mom, dad.”

Mom smiled and came up to me, bringing me into a hug that was forced and again sad.

“Good to see you again Darlin’.”

My heart dropped to my stomach, but I just smiled and pulled away.

“Good to see you too.”

“You’re things are in your old room.”

“Good to see you too father.”

I wanted to run and cry at the moment. Both of them were cold and distant like they were ashamed of me and didn’t want me here.

“Emilia, these are Antonio and Mauricio’s parents, Victoria and Raymond Raimondi you didn’t get a chance to meet them before you left.”

“Right, I’m sorry, so rude of me.”

I shook both their hands and smiled.

“Have you met our son Mauricio?”