chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

Emilia’s POV

I leaned against the car door, looking up at the lights of the city and couldn’t help think how Maison loved to see all the lights at night.

“I thought you would be excited about finding the dress.”

It wasn’t the dress; it was just a pretty dress that fit the colors of the wedding. He took my hand and I turned to him.

“I am, I’m just tired.”

“Did you like the dinner?”

“Yes of course.”

“You didn’t say much about it.”

“Because I knew that whatever you had picked out would be perfect.”

“But this isn’t just what I want.”

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes and stared at him, watching me until I had to turn around.

“Em…”

“It doesn’t matter. I betrayed you when you trusted me the most and I know this is my punishment.”

“I didn’t want this to be like this, you know I would never want to hurt you.”

I shrugged.

“I’m use to it. It was just a matter of time before you would too, but Maison, Maison doesn’t and that’s something I’m never going to forgive myself for.”

“Maison is with people who love him.”

I snapped my head towards him.

“But no ONE loves him like I DO! I’m his MOTHER, the one who’s been there day in and day out! No one takes care of him like I do!”

I closed my eyes and shook my head turning around again.

“But you wouldn’t understand that. You wouldn’t understand what it is to love someone who’s been the reason your life is worth something. The reason you wake up in the morning and your reason for living. You will never understand what this will do to him, to me.”

“We will have other children…”

“Don’t… nothing will ever replace my son, not even you.”

At that precise moment we arrived home and I quickly got out without thinking and ran. I needed to get away from him and think. Think of a way to get back and be with my son.

I ran until I came to the brick wall that surrounded the house and grounds. I ran around the entire grounds until I couldn’t do it anymore and there was no way out. I finally landed on my back somewhere in the back yard panting for air and desperately trying to keep it together, but it was no use. I cried even when it started raining.

“Miss…”

“Go away… Leave me alone.”

“I’ve been asked…”

“I DON’T CARE! I said LEAVE me ALONE!!!!”

I screamed at the top of my lungs and got up, walking away, but was only grabbed and taken over the shoulder.

“Let me go! I said let me go you bastard!”

He took me inside and dropped me on the floor, but I headed for the door which he blocked. I huffed and glared, turning around and running for the front door which was also blocked. 

“Christian!”

“He’s not here.”

“Then let me out!”