chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

Mauricio’s POV

I groaned from the pain and rolled over.

“No, don’t move!”

“Emilia.”

They rolled me back over and I saw Taylor.

“Where is she?”

“She’s not here.”

“He took her, you have to help her.”

I tried moving again, but only received more pain.

“Mauricio, please, you have to stay still.”

“You have to help her.”

“And you have to get some rest.”

“No, she needs me!”

“She’s gone okay? There is nothing you can do now.”

I froze, looking at her as she let the tears run down from her own eyes.

“She can’t be, tell me it isn’t so!”

“I’m sorry, but she’s gone.”

“Maison!”

I tried to get to him, but she only pushed me down.

“He’s sleeping in the other room. I just got him to calm down…”

“No... She can’t be gone, she can’t be!”

I howled until I felt my baby boy next to me. I turned and he hugged me, both of us crying our loss.

“She’s gone daddy, she’s gone.”

“It’s okay buddy, its okay.”

“Mauricio you really have to get some rest.”

And I did with my baby. It will be him and I from now on, just him and I. Emilia would have wanted it that way.

Emilia’s POV

I woke up with an empty heart and pain radiating throughout my body. I felt like I had died inside and even looked like it. I was filthy. 

“You’re awake.”

I jumped, looking back only to cause myself some pain.

“Careful, it’s pretty deep.”

I looked at his eyes as they flashed, but not into the golden I’m use to, but into black. My heart picked up speed, but not because I was afraid, but because my body had a natural reaction to him. I felt disgusting, yet I wanted him to touch me, hold me … no! How can I feel this way, I should hate him!

I could feel him come closer and my body responding to his heat, but my heart didn’t belong to him, that I knew for sure. 

“Mi Amor.”

His hand came onto my cheek making me fill up with goose bumps. His heat radiated through my body like a fire, but that was it. There was no other feeling but that. My body accepted the claim, but nothing else. My heart was empty, hollow and broken.

“You are mine now and only mine.”

I swallowed hard and looked up at him to meet his eyes. My heart became heavy and the tears that made their way down my cheeks only made it that much worse.

“Where’s Maison?”

He wiped one tear and stepped away.

“I decided it was best for him to stay with your father.”