Distraught

Chat held her as she cried. His lady was crying. He couldn't cry with her. He had to be strong while she crumbled. She sighed shakily. Her whole body shacked. His leather suit had been soaked in her tears.

Her leg was broken, her body was covered in blood that wasn't hers. Her normally bright eyes were quivering and frozen. Her suit was torn and it exposed her. Chat was just as beat up, but he managed pulled through a huge vibrating headache and a tightened rib cage.

They hid out in an alley away, far from the crowd that formed at the scene.

The scene.... Bile rose in Chat Noir's throat at simply the glimpse he caught before his lady collapsed and he had to carry her to safety was violent.

She gripped onto his leather suit, clenched her teeth, and grunted as she tried to move her leg. "Gwaa!" She screamed.

Chat tightened his grip on her and refused to loosen until she herself relaxed her injury. "Don't move so suddenly," he commanded.

"Th-the aK-Kuma...." Her voice shacked and was tight. Chat took her head and pressed it against his chest. "I purified i-it..." He stroked her hair as she cried. "I - I saved that man.... Right...?"

Chat tightened his partners hair. In a small second he replayed the scene.

The akuma wasn't in any object they broke. He had gone through a bad surgery. He wanted revenge on his doctors for the news that must have been devastating. The akuma was in his heart, the implanted one.

When they figured it out...

His blood was everywhere when his Catclysm did its work.

The luck charm had been a scalpel.

The akuma left, pureed.

The man's life however didn't return.

Chat petted her hair, trying to calm her. "You did..." He said. "He's no long possessed by Papillon. He's better off. Forever safe..."

He shielded her. He couldn't let her get distressed. He couldn't.

He glared at the swarm of black and purple butterflies that tried to surrounded them. "It's fine. We'll stop him and save everyone. We can and we will."