Hello (Goodbye purrt 2)

He left the exit of the plane and sighed at the gate. He had left Pais for so long the people seemed more foreign than familiar. With only his carryons and his father's scarf around his neck, he walked forward a few steps and caught sight of an old yet new face.

She blinked slowly at him. His pulse raised from the frown on her reddish lips. Her black hair was swept back into a bun with a new shade of color in her hair. "Monsieur Adrien," she said cooly.

He chuckled slightly. "Hello, Natalie."

She continued her solid, emotionless stare that he never learned to shake off. "You've been gone for four straight years."

"Well, American universities are much more different than the ones here. It took a while to get used to and there was a lot I had to learn when it came to culture and such so—"

"And you never visited."

"Well, the scheduling system in New York is—"

"In several New York State Universities, they have about three months intermissions between semesters."

Adrien paused. "The time zones—"

"Adrien." she interrupted with a cold voice. He looked in her eyes to see an unsaid question. One he was used to being asked whenever he saw the look.

"Yes, Natalie." he slumped.

"And?"

"I know I shouldn't have but. . . " he looked away thinking the rest of the answer. If I come back I wouldn't be able to leave. Not while she has to be here. He looked back and asked, "How is Father doing?"

"He is well. Of course with your absence he was shaken. And giving no calls. . . "

"I'm sorry."

"He has gotten better since hiring Marinette." He smiled at the thought of his father being close with his partner. Natalie flipped through her clipboard and pulled out a sheet of paper. "She's been living in the mansion for a while and I've been managing her schedule. She's far more cooperative since she doesn't need me reminding her what she has next." His former assistant handed him the paper filled with boxes and times.

He scanned it, his eyes furrowed at the small print that squeezed into the squares on every inch of the page. "How does she get through the day?"

"Many of the blocks at the end—"

"They say, "Design.""

"She takes that time to sow or sketch anything she needs to. Although, half the time, she takes a nap."

He smiled. After folding the paper delicately and sliding it into his pocket, he gave Natalie a nervous look. "Did you tell her?"

"No. Today is Friday; her schedule is busiest then." Adrien hummed and began to walk passed her. She turned sharply at the boy and took a step forward. "Monsieur Adrien, where—?"

"I'll see you Saturday, Natalie." he said. "I have to catch up with some of my friends."

***

The moment they locked eyes, he was pulled in and tackled. "Dude, it's been forever!" They chuckled.

Adrien tried to pull him off, but was stuck in a friendly armlock. "I missed you too, Nino."

"Man, you never called up Mari. She thought you were dead for the first year. And I hear from Alya who heard from Marinette; she said you never once called your dad. What's up with that, dude?"

Adrien laughed with a higher tone than normal. "Weren't you ever told not to believe he-said-she-said rumors?"

"I live with Alya." the DJ said.