Siblings (Interviews)

Aimée ran into her sister's room with a large grin on her face. "Marinette!" She cried.

The designer looked up from her work and immediately got up to try and block her desk. Her trap door bursted open and the girl threw herself into her sister's arms all while still cheering her name. "Aimée? What are you excited about?" Did she find out about her new hoodie from Jian?

"We gonna watch Alya's interview with Ladybug live." she reminded her. "She's doing one where she gets the audience's questions from the past week and the live crowd and asked them up front. Next week is the one with Chat Noir, she doesn't want one partner interfering with the other, and today it's with Ladybug."

Marinette froze in place, eyes wide. "That's today?"

"Yeah," Aimée grinned. "You told me you'll watch with me."

"I thought you meant when it was up on the website."

"No. We're going live!"

"Live?"

"Live." the girl shouted.

Jian popped his head through the open attic hatch. "Aime, quit yelling already. I've been trying to figure out the same problem for the past five minute. Why are you so loud?"

The trans glared at him before burring her head into her sister's chest. "Marinette, he's being a douche again."

"I'm not being a douche, I'm saying I need to study and your voice is really— really distracting."

"Make him stop being so mean," Aimée whined.

Marinette frowned as she tried to peal her off her waist. She tried to smile at her, but it was still forced. "I'm sorry, but I can't take you."

"What?" She cried.

"I've- I've got some -uh- homework! That right. Lots of it. Even with the akuma attacks, teachers don't let up, you know?"

"But you promised."

"Aren't you twelve? Why not go on your own?" Jian asked, butting into the conversation. "She's trying to get a hold over her education unlike some people in this house."

"Don't talk about Papa like that," Aimée scolded.

Jian was nulled by her obliviousness. "I wasn't referring to him. . . "

"Please, Marine?" she begged.

The designer pushed her away gently, but it only stuck sadness on the girl's face. "Why not go with Jian?"

"What?" they asked immediately.

"I mean, University can be stressful, so this would be some good down time." she reasoned.

"If anything, this'll cause more stress having to babysit a toddler." Jian said.

"Who are you calling a toddler?" Aimée asked, daring him to answer with her stink eye.

"You," he said without a flinch.

The girl's eye twitched at the blatant call out. "All right. That's it. You and me are going down to watch the Ladybug interview, as equals." she declared. Jian arched an eyebrow and opened his mouth to speak, but she cut him off, "I'm going to show you that I can be as calm and collected as you and that I'm not a toddler."

"Good luck with that," he muttered, only to be dragged away by the alleged toddler.

"Come on, Ji. The interview's starting in half a hour."

Marinette, paralyzed, darted her eyes towards the window by her and her diary box. Shit.