Siblings (Stress)

Jian rolled out the dough with a lot of force. The ends became cracked and the middle was slightly thinker than the edges. He wiped his brow with the back of his hand, smearing a bit of flour that was around his thumb. He set aside the rolling pin with on hand and reached for the cup he used to get flour out of the bag.

Turning is upside down, he pressed it into the dough and moved it around for extra measure. He took it out and set the perfect circle onto an olive oil sprayed pan before repeating the process over and over again. He had a full pan filled with them, ready to be put in the preheated over when Aime entered the family kitchen.

"What are you doing?" he asked with pure curiosity.

"I was just baking," he answered while setting the batch on a rack and closing the door. He dropped the rag he use to place them in and began to untie his apron. "Was there something you were looking for?"

He shook his head. "Just got bored."

He hummed in amusement as he turned around to wash his hands. "Did you finish your homework?" he asked.

The trans huffed at him. "It's not like I don't know the stuff. I can figure it out when the test comes up." He laughed at his younger sibling. "What about you? Done with your work?"

"I have a lot of spar time since I have a focused major and don't need to take a lot of classes. Getting ahead in high school really does count."

Aime crossed his arms. "You're avoiding the question."

"I did a good half of it during my breaks." he said.

"But why are you baking?" he asked.

"Because it's my stress relief." he said.

Aime raised an eyebrow. "If half your work is done, why are you stressed out?"

"My GPA dropped from a 3.8 to a 3.6 within the last five months." he sighed. "And I haven't been able to figure out how to bring it back up. There's been three akuma attacks since last week and our quote on quote heroes haven't found the villain as of yet."

"So you're gonna blame Ladybug for ruining your test score to a 90 instead of 100?" Aime asked through a muffled laugh.

Jian rolled his eyes at him. "I'm not saying she's the entire reason for my score. I have been letting things slip because I let myself get distracted from my work. I never used to let school mix in my personal issues, however recently, under the stress of my first semester closing, I'm . . . Becoming negligent."

Aime's eyes widened and leaned over to his brother, asking, "you're slacking. . . And admitting it?"

He sighed and pushed his brother away by the face. "Yeah. There's your scoop of the day. Now leave so I can finish up these cookies, I have to make the frosting."

"Did Maman tell you to make them or something?"

"No, I've just found time to try out this recipe and I'm gonna see if it'll be any good."

Aime dropped his hands in a sudden slump. "Are you gonna poison mine again?"

Jian scowled and began to rummage through the fridge. "For the last time, I was fifteen and it was my first attempt at cooking alone. You just happened to get the one with an eggshell."

"It's called premeditated murder," Aime claimed.

"I say it was a valuable learning experience; checking for outside bits inside the food for me, and double checking the food for you before eating to quickly." the older brother said. "A win-win scenario."

Just as Marinette was entering the house, hair untamed, she was stopped by her siblings. "Hey, remember when Aime—"

"Aimée."

"Found an eggshell in his cookie? Would you call it a learning experience, or an act of first degree murder?"

The girl looked at them with a face saying, what in the hell is wrong with my brothers (sister)? "Can't we just call it an accident?" she asked.

"Nope," they said.

"I'll just leave."

---

If I'm continuing the series, it will most likely turn out in chunks like this— completely disconnect to the episodes and ambiguous enough to be put in any place at the miraculous timeline as of far.

That is of course unless the characters reference some episode or when the title is the name of an episode. Then it can be set somewhere more specific.